Study finds that users prefer blue websites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Study finds that users prefer blue websites

A study at the American Association for Research of Online Networking found that users prefer websites that use blue colors over any other color

http://i-newswire.com/pr58751.html
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

I bet! Three quarters of the companies with which I've worked with have asked for sites based on shades of blue.
    :)

Comment

I guess this is good news for vBulletin and IPB, then.
      Forums

Comment

My new site will be mainly a blue color scheme. I love blue.
        Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

Originally posted by Quillz
          I guess this is good news for vBulletin and IPB, then.
          One could argue this is more.....purple...
          ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
          Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

I like blue and yellow, then again i am swedish...
            MCSE, MVP, CCIE
            Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

I thought it was common knowledge that people prefered blue? I always assumed that was why women liked the color of my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
                One could argue this is more.....purple...
                I suppose, but for all intensive purposes, it's within the blue hues.
                Forums

Comment

Blue is nice, however a nice black and white theme catches my eye just as well...however...the color of the website does not make me want to buy from them any more than any other business.

If they offer a quality product or service, I honestly don't care if they have a text-based website .

Comment

Originally posted by Brad.loo
                    I thought it was common knowledge that people prefered blue?
                    Ditto. I like blue too,and my company's site is also blue background.

Comment

I'm not sure if this is exactly true, it sounds like another one of those half-arsed researches. Blue is without doubt the most popular colour, but does that absolutely mean that blue websites are therefore the most popular? I don't know, I'm just reminding people that they shouldn't believe every story they read like this.
                      - SirTalksalot
                      www.talk-uk.com - Talk UK News, Politics, and current affairs!
                      Ickle Ads - Get your FREE pixel adspace now! No catches, it's just free!

Comment

I like dark sites. I hate blue. Too... flowery.
                        "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Creepshow
                          I like dark sites. I hate blue. Too... flowery.
                          How does blue = flowery?

What about dark blue sites?

Comment

Originally posted by Onimua
                            How does blue = flowery?

What about dark blue sites?
                            Meh, I dunno. I'm into dark, gothic, spooky stuff so...
                            "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Creepshow
                              Meh, I dunno. I'm into dark, gothic, spooky stuff so...
                              Heh, I love themes like that too. I'm working on a skin like that for my RP site.

Though I admit, I love blue... which is why my other site will be dark blue.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X