Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cut the risks of allowing a third party to customise my forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SirTalksalot
    replied
    Searched every thread by tnguy3n, and can't find anything that moves turns the navbar into a column, and puts a welcome message where the navbar used to be.

Link directory is really the least of my worries right now.

Leave a comment:

• Jose Amaral Rego
    replied
    This is a very expensive links directory, you can find free ones and add HTML/CSS to make it flow better.

The left column is easly made with a template modification by tnguy3n
    and what else was it you need?

Not vbadvanced cmp, but links directory or a free one that does and looks the exact same as the one you shown in http://www.sheffield.co.uk

Leave a comment:

• SirTalksalot
    replied
    I've tried VB advanced, and you can't recreate what I want with it at all. Is the method for creating what I want already exists, then where is it?

Leave a comment:

• Jose Amaral Rego
    replied
    To bad you do not have the time too create this on your own, as all that is free information and a style already has been created to look like what you just said. As for Links Directory? You can buy an expensive one http://www.gossamer-threads.com/ or one at www.vbadvanced.com. I hope you get a better job done then the one's you have shown in your post at vb.org. It is not worth the money mention as this is all free information and would only take less than an hour to create.

Leave a comment:

• IDN
    replied
    Yes, like I said in the PM if you require anything else just ask.

Leave a comment:

• SirTalksalot
    replied
    Ahh so you are RDX? Ahh that's wondeful, thank you I shall be getting back to you shortly.

Leave a comment:

• IDN
    replied
    Looking at your username, I already have. I sent you a PM addressing your concerns at vB.org

Leave a comment:

• SirTalksalot
    replied
    Thank you IDN.

Incidently, does this mean you do custom jobs too? If so, would you be interested in throwing a quote my way as well?

Leave a comment:

• IDN
    replied
    Make him a seperate admin account and limit his access. Only allow him access to style and template options. You can set this via the admincp under admin permissions. This is what I recommend my clients to do if they don't feel the can trust me.

Depending on what I need to add, sometimes I instruct them to allow me to manage plugins and board settings. Nothing else I need access to when editing a board for scripting modifcations and/or template mods.

Leave a comment:

• Cut the risks of allowing a third party to customise my forum?

Hi everyone,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this, but it seemed the most appropriate.

I'm planning on paying someone to do some custom work on my forum, he seems credible being a moderator at VB.org. But obviously I'd like to cut risks down to a minimum, what's the drill for doing this?

Also he's quoted me $400 to do this job which I've outlined here:
    http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=110181

I've said I think this is far too much, what do you guys think?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X