No announcement yet.

Snow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have no Snow here in Brantford, Ontario. We did a week ago during a bad storm, but this is the time of year that the snow usually stops, and it starts to get warmer outside.

So we are pretty much done with snow for the year here.
    MCSE, MVP, CCIE
    Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Most of Arizona except for the low-lying deserts got blanketed with snow on Satureday. All the mounttains surrounding Phoenix were covered. I''ve lived most of mmy life in Arizona and I've never seen this mocu snow here beforr.

So we too a short drive past the Superstition mountains to check it out. Here's a few pics
      Attached Files
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Wow, i never thought i would see snow, and a cactus in the same picture..
        MCSE, MVP, CCIE
        Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

We do have cactus plants like those in Saskatchewan and Alberta, some are thought to be 75 plus years old. You should travel this place you live in, it is bigger than you think.

I hope this odd weather does not mean more disaster again in Lower USA or any other country.

*EDIT*
          But those are nice pic's.
          Last edited by Jose Amaral Rego; Mon 13 Mar '06, 10:18am.

Comment

You don't have Saguaro cactus which only grows in the Sonoran Desert of Arizona and a small part of Northern Mexico. It's also the Arizina state 'tree'.
            Attached Files

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Is it the one that grows multiple arms and is quite a grand size? If so, then yes we do and do not know if it was brought in by people or animal.

Comment

Many cacti have multiple arms but you do not have Saguaro cactus. Guaranteed.

Here's an interesting and true story about Saguaro .

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

You're all getting snow and where I live is getting hit with tornadoes, high winds and severe thunderstorms. These storms are coming out the northeast, usually they come out of the southwest, and are the most intense I've seen in years.
                  Admins Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators

Comment

After contacting the provicial goverment/fish & wildlife, I have found that the cactus is known by (Carnegiea gigantea) or Saguaro have been seen on the Canadian Prairies since around 1920+. Dozen or so in Saskatchewan and Alberta. I myself only saw this on our news station in 1985, did not here anymore about it since.

Comment

I seriously doubt it, but whatever.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

No more snow in our area. Now all of our temperatures of where I reside are 50ºF~70ºF and starting to get into the spring weather.

Comment

I want to see this Snowman. Scott weres the pictures?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                            Most of Arizona except for the low-lying deserts got blanketed with snow on Satureday. All the mounttains surrounding Phoenix were covered. I''ve lived most of mmy life in Arizona and I've never seen this mocu snow here beforr.

So we too a short drive past the Superstition mountains to check it out. Here's a few pics
                            Those shots are amazing, Steve. It looks like a beautiful place to live.
                            "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

Wow, i would love to live in Arizona, i love cactus. Great pics steve..
                              MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                              Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Originally posted by Creepshow
                                Those shots are amazing, Steve. It looks like a beautiful place to live.
                                It looks like Drumheller near the Red Deer River Valley, but not as warm as Arizona.
                                http://www.cd.gov.ab.ca/enjoying_alb...flashindex.asp

Those poor cactus might die off this year?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X