Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vBulletin.org Down Perhaps? What's going on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin
    For my part, it would be nice if you would put a message up instead of just a password prompt. I'm tired of answering support tickets about why people can't get into vb.org
    I will make sure this is done next time around.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad.loo
      In the entire history of vBulletin.org/vBt I don't recall one upgrade where we let people know ahead of time that it was coming on a certain day/time.
      Thats a very poor excuse Brad and you know it. It would not have been hard to post a thread or topic giving people warning, even if it was only 30 minutes before. Just cutting it off with no warning is somewhat unprofessional. Just look at the troble you have caused members and Jelsoft.
      Baby, I was born this way

Comment

Originally posted by DirectPixel
        Quick! Now's the time to go take that bathroom break or look at the world outside!
        lol..

looking forward to the new vb.org

a warning would have been nice. but whats done is done, now lets just support the final product
        -- Web Developer for hire
        ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

Originally posted by Paul M
          Thats a very poor excuse Brad and you know it. It would not have been hard to post a thread or topic giving people warning, even if it was only 30 minutes before. Just cutting it off with no warning is somewhat unprofessional. Just look at the troble you have caused members and Jelsoft.
          Paul I did not mean for it to be an excuse, I was just pointing out that this has been done before and we never got such a backlash over it. I suppose us doing it in the middle of the day USA time is why it happened this time.

This was something that was planned for next week and ended up happening today, I'm sorry for the downtime and the lack of warning but as admins yourself I'm sure you can understand that these things do happen.

We'll make sure it does not happen again...

Anyway just sit tight, we're doing some clean up work now and it should be back online within the hour.

Comment

Originally posted by xbleed
            Since when has .org gauranteed to be up 100%? They offer their services to us free (as long as we have a license, of course)..

I see what you're saying as far as it would have been nice to have a notice, but you can't get upset over it.. They don't NEED to send out a notice at all.
            Sorry I misunderstood VB.org, I thought it was funded by Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd as a customer service. I did not realise that it was a free service. Respect for vb.org gone up and gone down for Jelsoft (but only a little bit as it still is the best BB in the world).
            Last edited by zooman; Thu 9th Mar '06, 3:17pm.
            HFUK at least now i don't have top keep adding my url each time i need help:) ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Paul M
              Just look at the troble you have caused menbers and Jelsoft.
              I don't see trouble.. at all. Anywhere.

What if there was a server outage, and they were down for a few hours.. I pretty much see this as the same thing.

Even if the warning was posted 30 min. before, 90%+ of .org users would have never seen it..

Sorry, but I guess I just don't see how it's a big deal.

Comment

another nice idea here... to put a global anouncement hack into vb.org and put a full page warning like 60 or 30 minutes before you're going close to upgrade... simple... like when you decide to upgrade you just put a big warning... and a minor announcement would be nice here too... no need to awnser support tickets that way.... i only found this thread after a decent search...

Comment

I find a giant red font in the header template usually does the trick when I need to get something across ASAP.

Comment

After reading this thread and having a good laugh I have forgot why I was heading to vb.org.
                    HFUK at least now i don't have top keep adding my url each time i need help:) ;)

Comment

well at least there is a little upgrading thing on the pages
                      http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/custo...ic109960_1.gif
                      An awsome internet/computers community!

Comment

well actually as brad already said it was planned to upgrade next week, but i have got free time today and so I decided to do it today. I could have set up a warning, but that would have meant that i would have had to wait an hour or so without doing anything...
                        The price of freedom is eternal vigilance!
                        - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

u do what you have to do

we'll wait patiently
                          -- Web Developer for hire
                          ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

or you could have done a redirect to another page that explained what was happening

Comment

Can someone offical say about how long its going to take?
                              or you could have done a redirect to another page that explained what was happening
                              for the next upgrade that is a good idea
                              http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/custo...ic109960_1.gif
                              An awsome internet/computers community!

Comment

all the complaining for something free... just wait it out.. within the hour!! that means soon

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X