Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vBulletin.org Down Perhaps? What's going on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorxp
    Now I'm confused......

So can we get some sort of official word as to what is going on, when it will be back and why no notice?
    Yeah, we really need this info.

Comment

well hey at least they are updatng it.. so we cannot complain too much!!

jst wanna know when it will be restored and back up for use!

Comment

Official word: The vB.org team is upgrading the forums to 3.5.4

Also, the 2 sites are NOT being merged

Comment

Wheeww I was thinking I did something. Nice to see them updating it, Not here to complain,was just curious if I was the only one who couldn't log back in.

Comment

it won't take too long
            The price of freedom is eternal vigilance!
            - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by BrandNIC
              is anyone else being asked for a user/pass to see the forums?
              Yes, it is closed right now. It will open soon enough. We're upgrading to 3.5.4 - well,.. stefan is

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
                Yes, it is closed right now. It will open soon enough. We're upgrading to 3.5.4 - well,.. stefan is
                Cool thanks, lol I thaught i posted in the wrong section and removed my post only to see it got moved, I'm so confused lol.
                I've Gone to find Myself, If I return before I get back (Keep Me Here)

Comment

Originally posted by zooman
                  How hard would it have been to send your members/customers/coders an email explaining to us that at x time on x date the site would be undergoing maintenance for x hours.
                  Doable if we would have known exactly when it was going to be upgraded. In the entire history of vBulletin.org/vBt I don't recall one upgrade where we let people know ahead of time that it was coming on a certain day/time.

It'll be back up soon, just wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad.loo
                    Doable if we would have known exactly when it was going to be upgraded. In the entire history of vBulletin.org/vBt I don't recall one upgrade where we let people know ahead of time that it was coming on a certain day/time.

Might be a good idea to rethink your upgrade procedure, then?
                    :)

Comment

good to know they are upgrading!! if upgrading takes this long i will stick with 3.5.0 for now.. whew!

Comment

For my part, it would be nice if you would put a message up instead of just a password prompt. I'm tired of answering support tickets about why people can't get into vb.org
                        Webmaster:
                        @forumz

Comment

Originally posted by zooman
                          How hard would it have been to send your members/customers/coders an email explaining to us that at x time on x date the site would be undergoing maintenance for x hours.
                          Since when has .org gauranteed to be up 100%? They offer their services to us free (as long as we have a license, of course)..

I see what you're saying as far as it would have been nice to have a notice, but you can't get upset over it.. They don't NEED to send out a notice at all.

Comment

Strange... I can get in just fine

Just Kidding... I was woried as I had a hack bookmarked I planned to install tonight and somebody locked the door...
                            vBClassified.com
                            TimeshareForums.com

Comment

I'm glad my company doesn't have the "we have always done it that way" mentality - we would probably be out of business.

Comment

ok lets not all get hostile here.. the are doing something for our benefeit..s o lets just sit tight.. and wait however long its gonna take.. not that big of an issue

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X