Hacked By....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hacked By....

I hope I never see this in vbulletin boards, this must be very upsetting to those phpbb boards to have amateurs destroy forums. It is easy to cause destruction and I hope they get what is coming to them soon. A Swift Kick and then some..

HACKED BY OSMANLI KARTALI,
    HACKED BY SuSKuN,
    Hacked By CyberX TURKISH HACKER,
    HACKED BY AYT | AY YILDIZ TEAM,
    HACKED BY AYYILDIZ TEAM
    Hacked by GencTuRk

It is funny when there is only two people that were on this forum at 4:30 mst 3/5/2006

What are you saying exactly - that you have been hacked?

Comment

I do not own phpbb board? But their site got rattle by them.

Google will show that these or one person is on the rampage on securities hole on those boards.
      http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=...e+Search&meta=

Comment

Maybe it just me - but what exactly do they hope to gain in hacking a FREE board. It's not as though they've just just hacked into the CIA database or something. Kiddy scripters boasting that they've just hacked a FREE board with more holes in it than swiss cheese toi start with. Big deal!

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Bolton
          Maybe it just me - but what exactly do they hope to gain in hacking a FREE board. It's not as though they've just just hacked into the CIA database or something. Kiddy scripters boasting that they've just hacked a FREE board with more holes in it than swiss cheese toi start with. Big deal!
          The price of a product has no direct relationship to its security. I'm sure Apache on Linux, when configured properly, is far more secure than IIS on Windows.
          --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
          Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
          vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

It doesn't have more holes than Swiss cheese in it as long as you run the latest stable version. Older versions of vB are just as likely to be hacked as older versions of phpBB, IPB, etc.
            Forums

Comment

The "Swiss Cheese" bit was a pun (joke)

Comment

He made a right mess of this site:

http://www.crazyhoppers.de/phpBB2/index.php

Comment

Geting admin permissions on phpBB has not much in common with real hacking..
                  its pretty easy.. it depends of server setup mostly..
                  only script kids show off like this, real hackers gets unnoticed...
                  StylWolny.pl - Polskie Forum Dyskusyjne | guziki wieszaki producent - Bonetti.pl
                  Join Tattoo Group Now

Comment

You never see this happen to a vBulletin board.

Comment

Not never, but it's far more seldom
                      If you keep your forum up to date, this shouldn't be a problem for you.
                      Best Regards
                      Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Thats why I love VB!

Comment

Mostly kids with nothing better to do, then ruin someones fun.
                          MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                          Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Originally posted by filburt1
                            The price of a product has no direct relationship to its security. I'm sure Apache on Linux, when configured properly, is far more secure than IIS on Windows.
                            Heres the proof.....

http://news.com.com/LAMP+lights+the+...l?tag=nefd.top

Comment

Originally posted by sensimilla
                              Geting admin permissions on phpBB has not much in common with real hacking..
                              I've set up at least eight phpBB boards in the past several years, and helped a buddy at my web host do the same. Because his is a Windows support site, his was a target, and he got hacked twice in one weekend. One fix we put in place was to use .htaccess to protect the forum's /admin directory; neither of our forums have been touched since.

I think part of the problem is that a lot of phpBB users are just "kiddiez" themselves, and they can barely surf the web, never mind installing a forum software package. If you've seen their support forum, it's full of questions that make you wonder about the human condition sometimes. (And more serious questions that *I* ask get buried with no replies.)

It's like I've always said: no software, no operating system, and no computer is 100% safe from hacking, and one should never assume they are.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X