Download Manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Download Manager

Does vBulletin have any download manager that's like this module for Invision Board that is not free?

http://www.completelyunique.com/foru...dule=dlmanager

For some reasons, it seems Invision board has more commercial plugins than vBulletin...

Personally, I'd be more than happy to spend something like $50-$70 to buy an addon plugin that adds a full featured download manager to the site, so there is more frequent updates and better support. I bought the gallery plugin and it's very good. We need more commercial plugins like that...

Is there a list of all the commercial vB plugins available?
    Last edited by Thunderfall; Fri 3 Mar '06, 11:03pm.
    War is only fun when you are winning.

There are a few at vbulletin.org

Comment

the ? is why would you want more payed add on's when the vb hackers at vb.org do a great job of giving them you for free?

Comment

Originally posted by C.Birch
        the ? is why would you want more payed add on's when the vb hackers at vb.org do a great job of giving them you for free?
        It is more likely (not absolutely) guaranteed to provide a higher-quality tested product along with support. While modifications at vB.org are good for the most part, support is rarely guaranteed (after all, why support a free product).
        --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
        Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
        vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

from what i have seen from 3rd party payed add on's is there support can be just as bad.

I once buyed a addon to make like a ebay site, there demo worked great so i went ahead and buyed it, installed to find out it was full of bugs tryed to get help but maker was no place so myself and other people that had buyed it helpped each other i dont really need to say what happened next but when people started to ask for money back the site just went along with any hope of getting your money back.

I have seen other sites have real bad support also, thats not to say there all bad but the same can be said for vb.org some hacks have great support and them lacking abit the users help each other.

To sum up buying dont always make for better support, look at hivemail.........

Comment

can indicate a mod of downloads?

Hello,
            I search in [excellent!]vb.org and don't find mod/hacks to downloads in vb 354.
            any suggestion?
            tks a lot
            barroca
            Community vBulletin Brasil & Portugal

Comment

thank

Comment

Speaking of vbulletin.org, where has chen been?
                Doesnt he post on here anymore?
                MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Gronlund
                  Speaking of vbulletin.org, where has chen been?
                  Doesnt he post on here anymore?
                  Chen's currently at university and left vB.org a long time ago
                  Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

no answer!

hello!
                    finally...anybody can help with one link to a plugin/mod/hack to a download manager to vB?
                    cheers
                    barroca

Comment

Use the search there.
                      We don't know what needs you have from a download manager.
                      Best Regards
                      Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

i just used...

hello colin,
                        tks for your answer.
                        i just used the 'search' in there - 'the download manager' is to vb 350.
                        i like to create a 'download section' in my site of translation to portuguesebr [ X-TRAD ]. for the user can downloads linked with my project in sourceforge.
                        i'm trying to use vblinks [but this add on is for another use ] - as you see in http://www.x-trad.org/links/index.php
                        the 'downloads modules' in xoops and joomla shows how much downloads, votes for downloads etc etc.
                        in your opinion the best way is make a specific forum in vb?
                        my best regards
                        barroca

Comment

I don't know actually. This is something you'd get better answers for if you asked on www.vbulletin.org
                          Best Regards
                          Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

i found!

hello!
                            i found a extension called ecdownload in www.vbulletin.org
                            i just install and works fine.
                            demo is in www.elitecoders.com/demo/
                            tks
                            barroca

Comment

Originally posted by C.Birch
                              from what i have seen from 3rd party payed add on's is there support can be just as bad.

I once buyed a addon to make like a ebay site, there demo worked great so i went ahead and buyed it, installed to find out it was full of bugs tryed to get help but maker was no place so myself and other people that had buyed it helpped each other i dont really need to say what happened next but when people started to ask for money back the site just went along with any hope of getting your money back.

I have seen other sites have real bad support also, thats not to say there all bad but the same can be said for vb.org some hacks have great support and them lacking abit the users help each other.

To sum up buying dont always make for better support, look at hivemail.........
                              That's also ebay, which is completely different.
                              BMW Forums | Car Wallpapers | Planet Yankees | My Blog

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X