X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DirectPixel
    replied
    Originally posted by Creepshow
    According to Fair Use Law, that should be fine.
    That is not true at all. This is essentially what is defined in legal terms as a "public performance". By definition, this is NOT fair use.

You will need to obtain explicit permission from the copyright owner to use that material, no matter if it is the entire thing or only a short clip.

Leave a comment:

• Jose Amaral Rego
    replied
    You have to be in that country that does not follow copyright laws to get away with doing that. Having your host in another land will not stop the law enforcement in countries that abide copyright laws, to getting you.

Leave a comment:

• deatheyes
    replied
    U can host it in another country ???

Leave a comment:

• Jose Amaral Rego
    replied
    Not sports they are not? You can not show even one second. They even tell you that you can not in whole or in part, without written approval from them. Ask the broadcast tv station in your area and they will tell you about sports videos

Leave a comment:

• Creepshow
    replied
    Originally posted by kevinmanphp
    Hey guys... I am wondering what the rules are for using short video clips from TV you may record (like CBS, ESPN, TBS, etc) and also using soundbytes from radio shows and TV shows. What exactly is allowed as far as copyrights, etc?? When I listen to talk radio shows, they always have soundbytes they pull from tv shows that air on cnn, cnbc, msnbc, foxnews, etc. Also, I see on some tv stations using short clips occassionally of things from other tv stations. Obviously you can't copy the whole thing... but what exactly is the ettiqutte/rules here? Thanks for any help or pointing me in the right direction! Thanks!!!
    According to Fair Use Law, that should be fine.

Leave a comment:

• filburt1
    replied
    If it's for your own personal (not redistributed nor publicly posted) use, do whatever the hell you want with it. I have a fully Frank Grimes-themed cell phone complete with a wallpaper and ringer copied directly from the Simpsons.

If you want to post a short clip publicly, you need to contact the copyright holder or get a lawyer. The RIAA/MPAA/whatever the major TV body is does not heart the consumer.

Leave a comment:

• Ted S
    replied
    The short answer is that you need to contact an attorney to get real and valid legal advice before using any copyrighted work on your website.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by kevinmanphp
    Hey guys... I am wondering what the rules are for using short video clips from TV you may record (like CBS, ESPN, TBS, etc) and also using soundbytes from radio shows and TV shows. What exactly is allowed as far as copyrights, etc?? When I listen to talk radio shows, they always have soundbytes they pull from tv shows that air on cnn, cnbc, msnbc, foxnews, etc. Also, I see on some tv stations using short clips occassionally of things from other tv stations. Obviously you can't copy the whole thing... but what exactly is the ettiqutte/rules here? Thanks for any help or pointing me in the right direction! Thanks!!!
    I'm no lawyer, but my understanding is that you can use small portions under Fair Use guidelines as long as you credit the source. There may be a better person here to answer this.

Leave a comment:

• kevinmanphp
    started a topic Video/Audio Copyright Rules

Video/Audio Copyright Rules

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X