Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Gronlund
    replied
    I use my sites domainname email to register with usually.

Leave a comment:

• WurkAnimal
    replied
    Yes Gary, I have 205 members on my forum and all of their email addresses are Hotmail MSN Gmail and Yahoo!

Doesn't bother me, if they spam they get banned. lol

Leave a comment:

• corriewf
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke
    Nope.. Usually though someone will mention that I should use a certain competitor instead, so I stated my reasons. The competitor's services don't even come close in my opinion.
    I pay ten bucks a month to use aohell. Its ok, I would switch, but I have had my addy for 11 years so....

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by Creepshow
    You can always change your registered email address on websites though, so what's the point?
    It is a lot of work to update these things if you move, your ISP is bought out, or you find a different deal. By having a email address that is centralized but not attached to your ISP, you can save a lot of headaches. I know for a fact that I will be switching ISPs in the next six months so I have been moving to a centralized email address... I started updating everything in December in anticipation of this and I will still miss somethings.

How many websites, newsletters, mailing lists and so forth have you signed up with in the past? How many people outside of these lists have your email address? What about family and friends you may not talk to all the time but have your information? What about ISPs that don't provide enough email addresses for your entire family? Lot of things to think about.

Leave a comment:

• TruthElixirX
    replied
    Originally posted by Creepshow
    You can always change your registered email address on websites though, so what's the point?
    've had to switch e-mails for misc reasons and it usualyl takes a while to get personal e-mails (from individuals, not sites) to start sending them to your new account.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by corriewf
    Did you just get a check from them for saying that? lol
    Nope.. Usually though someone will mention that I should use a certain competitor instead, so I stated my reasons. The competitor's services don't even come close in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Creepshow
    replied
    Originally posted by Jake Bunce
    I don't use ISP emails because they are bound to the ISP. I want to be able to change ISPs if I need to.

Leave a comment:

• corriewf
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke
    I am with Jake... My primary email used to be with my ISP but I have switched it to an MSN.COM email address. For $9.95a month, I get access to all of MSN including 10 email boxes with 2GB of space and other features. It is portable and can access it via any domain with or without their proprietary software.
    Did you just get a check from them for saying that? lol

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    I am with Jake... My primary email used to be with my ISP but I have switched it to an MSN.COM email address. For $9.95a month, I get access to all of MSN including 10 email boxes with 2GB of space and other features. It is portable and can access it via any domain with or without their proprietary software.

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    I don't use ISP emails because they are bound to the ISP. I want to be able to change ISPs if I need to.

Leave a comment:

• MGM
    replied
    I'm not that surprised... I certainly dont use my ISP or private emails, and instead use my Hotmail and Gmail accounts to register at forums and what-not. I find it safer for me and I dont have to deal with SPAM in my "important" emails. I expect no less from my members.

MGM out

Leave a comment:

• corriewf
    replied
    Originally posted by Gary Bolton
    Is it just me, or has anybody else noticed that neally every single person who registers on there sites uses either Yahoo, Hotmail or GMail email addresses to register with

It's making me paranoid that somebody is taking the micky. I've had 125 new members in about 10 days. All it just seems a bit suspect too me that 98% ave registered using these 3 type off acounts.

What do you think, or do you get the same thing!
    Same thing here. Seems that with the advent of so much spam that people are protecting their isp emails...hmm

Leave a comment:

• MRGTB
    started a topic Is it just me

Is it just me

Is it just me, or has anybody else noticed that neally every single person who registers on there sites uses either Yahoo, Hotmail or GMail email addresses to register with

It's making me paranoid that somebody is taking the micky. I've had 125 new members in about 10 days. Buit it seems a bit suspect too me that 98% have all registered using these 3 type off acounts. Just seems strange!

What do you think, do you get the same thing yourself!
    Last edited by MRGTB; Wed 1 Mar '06, 9:36pm.
Working...
X