X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• filburt1
    replied
    Originally posted by Slave
    Have you managed to get over the problem of the non working auto cron task then?

If you have, can I ask how you did it? As that's the only thing I'm waiting for tbh ..
    For those unaware of the problem, the pre-release version has the issue where the scheduled mail task will properly execute when fired manually, but not when the cron system does it. It will somewhat run because it still logs events, but it ignores the mail. This is the reason pre-release software requires a developer license; the purpose is that only developers, or at least those with developing experience, will test the product and can offer constructive feedback and suggestions on how to fix problems.

The upcoming fix release addresses the problem by entirely bypassing the scheduled task system; a secondary advantage of the solution is that mail checking can be scheduled for every x minutes. The scheduled task system is more powerful only if you care about timespans involving multiple hours, days, etc.

People on vB.org reported similar problems with their custom scheduled tasks but I never found a solution, so I just worked around it.

Leave a comment:

• Slave
    replied
    Originally posted by DanaSoft
    Looking forward to the final version, but the pre-release is working very well for my users.
    Have you managed to get over the problem of the non working auto cron task then?

If you have, can I ask how you did it? As that's the only thing I'm waiting for tbh ..

Leave a comment:

• DanaSoft
    replied
    Looking forward to the final version, but the pre-release is working very well for my users.

Leave a comment:

• filburt1
    replied
    Correct, it's in pre-final form. With over 16,000 lines of code, about 8,000 more of which are completely new since the last version, I certainly wasn't surprised that it would need pre-release testing.

Leave a comment:

• DanaSoft
    replied
    I use both vBMS and SquirrelMail - I highly recommend both. SquirrelMail is a great system-level product which really shines with commercial skins. vBMS is a good intergrate solution, although not yet released as a final product (pre-release mode, I believe).

Leave a comment:

• filburt1
    replied
    Originally posted by Arunan
    I would suggest vBMS, it is something fully integrated into vBulletin, and is brought to you by a recognized individual of the vBulletin community. Ask the developer (Filburt) for tips on how you might be able to get vBMS to use a different database. I am sure it can be done.
    It would be the same level of difficulty of altering any other modification to use an alternate database.

Leave a comment:

• someuser190826
    replied
    I would suggest vBMS, it is something fully integrated into vBulletin, and is brought to you by a recognized individual of the vBulletin community. Ask the developer (Filburt) for tips on how you might be able to get vBMS to use a different database. I am sure it can be done.

Leave a comment:

• Milado
    replied
    Originally posted by mcncyo
    somebody just recently release one that works with webmail with cpanel, havn't use it so cant vouch for it.

it is located at http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...hreadid=109598
    thank you
    but this doesn't fit what i do want

any other ideas?

Leave a comment:

• mcncyo
    replied
    somebody just recently release one that works with webmail with cpanel, havn't use it so cant vouch for it.

it is located at http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...hreadid=109598

Leave a comment:

• DirectPixel
    replied
    Originally posted by Dean C
    I can vouch for that too. It's unsupported and underveloped
    Oh, sorry about that, then. I guess I haven't exactly kept up with the vB mail add-ons. It seemed that everybody was recommending HiveMail a while ago.

Leave a comment:

• Milado
    replied
    Originally posted by IDN
    Isn't there some hacks over at VB.ORG?
    It seems NO

Leave a comment:

• 1QuickSI
    replied
    Personalyy I use Squirrel Mail and have for several years. Seems to be actively developed and has a small development community for addons.

Leave a comment:

• IDN
    replied
    Isn't there some hacks over at VB.ORG?

Leave a comment:

• Milado
    replied
    Originally posted by Mephisteus
    Indeed, Id rather recommend SocketMail (which looks like its a decent product)
    I see it,
    Lite version costs 99$

Leave a comment:

• Milado
    replied
    Originally posted by LeeCHeSSS
    You shouldn't recommend a dead product to people. Hivemail had potential when it was still under Chen's supervision...
    I know Hivemail is dead

Leave a comment: