X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why did you open yor own forum?

why did you open yor own forum?
    for fun? to get money?

Both. Although money comes second for me. I do it more as a hobby.
    "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

Mostly for fun. I've spent more of my own money in the past 4 years on the forum, and I don't think I'll ever get it back
      So Cal Sportbike forum - So Cal Moto - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum - Custom vinyl decals - Southern California camping forum

Comment

Originally posted by rapghsi
        for fun? to get money?
        First, to make a difference and because I hated the low quality content and boards on the net about our sport in the Netherlands and Belgium.

Now I do it to make both the above and a little money.

Next I hope to do the above and live of it too

Comment

I started the forum for the same reason I started the web site, which was about 9/10 years ago, to give exposure to our car club. Both have been a huge success. We get over 100,000 unique visitors a month from over 110 countries. Switching the forum software to vB was a very good move as we are now pulling in around 30 new members a day to the forum.

Bob

Comment

Solely for fun. I've made no money off the board, nor do I ever plan on making any.
            Forums

Comment

Just for love. None of the boards i visit or where i have donated a licence do it for money. First instance and i am out.

Comment

I started mine back in 2001 because I wasn't happy with how the other sites covering my subject matter were being run.
                vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

Purely for the women.

Comment

Originally posted by kevinmanphp
                    Purely for the women.
                    Well, that's a given. Women just flock to forum owners.
                    vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

Originally posted by conqsoft
                      Well, that's a given. Women just flock to forum owners.
                      I needed a laugh today

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Isaac
                        I started the forum for the same reason I started the web site, which was about 9/10 years ago, to give exposure to our car club. Both have been a huge success. We get over 100,000 unique visitors a month from over 110 countries. Switching the forum software to vB was a very good move as we are now pulling in around 30 new members a day to the forum.

Bob
                        Same here although we are not as busy as you.

Originally posted by rapghsi
                        for fun? to get money?
                        Chicks, money, drugs.
                        ...steven
                        www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
                        bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
                        "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

Quite simple:

We bought a Mercedes Benz 'Pagoda' but we found out that there's no online help and all those 'real' experts happen to be very expensive.
                          We started the community with the aim to attract 50 or so users so that we can help out each other. Well by now we are over 1100 members

We are not quite as active as Bob Isaac's community but we have built a strong community with around 1000 unique visitors a day any many members became friends over the time.
                          That's the end of that!

Comment

I did it to help me learn more about the stockmarket. Figured I would stay more involved if I had a forum. All I found before I started my site was pathetic yahoo groups (hard to search and anyone could open one). After I spent the time buying my server and software I found a few other stock forums. Oh well...it was to late to turn back.

Comment

Well, I go to a lot of forums and I'm not happy with the way how some of the things are running there, so I decided to create my own and make everything better
                              It's also a lot of fun managing your own forum^^
                              *Insert text here* :)

Comment

Working...
                              X