This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calendar on forum home?

This is a personal (not staff) question to see how many people might have an interest in this.

Would you like to have the what's going on box display for example the birthdays and the calendar events like this? And have a small monthly calendar on the left of it?
    Attached Files
    Yes
    58.70%
    No
    41.30%
    Last edited by Floris; Fri 17 Feb '06, 7:00am.

Before I reply (since I'm not sure), but I don't think a calendar like that would be nice; perhaps something like This Week: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 18...

A full mini calendar like that seems kind of stuffed in there (just my opinion, but thinking design-wise). Probably also because I personally am bothered with a bunch of unused white space on the right.

I would say though that the concept is very nice. I like the idea very much; I think the only problem I have is having a full calendar there.

Sorry if it was a rant or some pointlessness there.
    Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

The top and left row could be stripped, so you only have the month + days .. that are linked.

[edit] cleaned up the image - stripped those 2 rows.

[edit2] IN regards to the white space, you could also put the events on the left and birthdays on the right in 2 columns ..
      Last edited by Floris; Fri 17 Feb '06, 7:02am.

Comment

I'd like to see this, my forum is meant to promote events and get together so the calendar and event reminders are an important part of it. I currently display next 28 days events anyway but will drop that to 14 once summer arrives and there are more events. The option to display one calendar as an event list and the month calendar of another calendar would be useful as currently I have 2 calendars with one on forum home so not all users realize the second calendar even exists.

Comment

its a good idea and as its been showed to be active on this forum by the looks of it from the pic i guess it would be a official thing

it be good if when you click on a date it shows you information on events from that day using ajax but im guessing thats how it will work anyway?

Comment

also just be removing the little image on the left would make it look alot better.

Comment

This is my idea on how it should look:

Click image for larger version

Name:	myidea.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	3668075

Comment

i like that - it more tidy and easier to check the events - btw: it simlar to IPB one but your idea is best

Comment

Originally posted by C.Birch
                  its a good idea and as its been showed to be active on this forum by the looks of it from the pic i guess it would be a official thing

it be good if when you click on a date it shows you information on events from that day using ajax but im guessing thats how it will work anyway?
                  It's photoshopped

Comment

Originally posted by C.Birch
                    This is my idea on how it should look:

[ATTACH]18339[/ATTACH]
                    Yes, that's best .. I like that a lot alt1/2 I didn't have enough time to go that far in my photoshop (had to get a haircut and was already late)

Comment

Originally posted by andrew johnson
                      i like that - it more tidy and easier to check the events - btw: it simlar to IPB one but your idea is best
                      I don't have an ipb license, so wouldnt' know.

[edit] I just checked IPS's homepage .. they don't have a calendar in their version of the what's going on box.

Comment

Why not a single-week calendar, instead of a month-long one?
                        :)

Comment

In my opinion it lacks any new functionality and consumes space. Granted, its below the forums, so space isn't top dollar, but its just my humble opinion that its not needed.
                          Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

thats why we have a master setting in admincp to turn it off or on and then if its turned on a setting in usercp so users can turn it off and on.

by off and on i mean swap from the old to new layout.

Comment

Sure. Sounds like a nice idea.
                              Forums

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X