What poll software do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What poll software do you use?

I'm looking for poll software I can use on my forum, in a sidebar using includes with the plug-in system. Any suggestions?
    Running vB since 4-14-2002

That is a good idea, I could use that. So far I just make new threads.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
      That is a good idea, I could use that. So far I just make new threads.
      ???

Comment

It is a good idea, to have a left column with a site logo. I could use conditionals to have no poll in the announcement forum. A poll in a specific topic forum, and another one in the offtopic forum.

So far, when I needed a poll I created a new thread and add a poll to it (use vB's internal poll feature).

I would not know which software would be good to use - and is easy to integrate through hooks.

Comment

No, I am looking for some software that either intergrates into vBulletin or can be used seperatly. I can't get the freestanding scripts that I have seen so far work into it one way or another, I am curious to see what others use.

Comment

If it is not the poll feature from vB .. it is basically a stand alone script. Integrating it with vB means you have it show visually in the left side bar and users can actually use it.

I hope you find one!

Comment

Yes, I know. That's why I came here to ask which scrpt admins use that works. From the lack of replies it seem no one uses a poll or does not want to share.

Comment

I think most (if not all) use the standard vB poll system, with maybe a small modification. Also some use portal addons to show a poll on their mainpage.
                Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
                Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

Originally posted by MarcoH64
                  I think most (if not all) use the standard vB poll system, with maybe a small modification. Also some use portal addons to show a poll on their mainpage.
                  I've looked at VB.Org and the only thing I have found is the VBAdvanced system, but no stand alone code.

Comment

I think there is even a HOW-TO in the Tutorial section at vbulletin.org explaining how to show a Poll on an external page.
                    Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
                    Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

I think there is even a HOW-TO in the Tutorial section at vbulletin.org explaining how to show a Poll on an external page.
                      If there is, I haven't been able to find it.

Comment

Nor have I. I've been looking all over to find a way to display a poll on an external page. I've checked vBAdvanced, vB.org, and here with no luck.

Comment

I'm surprised, a lot of people want this. and I have only got one offer to try and code it for money after posting numerous sites. No one even wants to code it for free, or is interested in it.

Comment

I use vBadvanced CMPS v2.0.0
                            MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                            Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

true, you can setup a forum with persmissions for everyone to vote on a poll, but can reply / cannot reply to threads/posts in the same forum.

You can setup a sidebar addon from vb.org and make a poll on your forum homepages
                              TechArena - TechArena Community - News - Download - Video - Guide - Review

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X