Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing the Domain...

hi guys

I wanna change my forum domain from .net to .com - what is the easiest way of doing this? Do I need to do any export of DB and then import or what??

Thnkx

Originally posted by SpaceStar
    hi guys

I wanna change my forum domain from .net to .com - what is the easiest way of doing this? Do I need to do any export of DB and then import or what??

Thnkx
    all you need to do is buy th new domain then add your name servers very simple and will not need any export of your database!

Comment

Originally posted by allenmur
      all you need to do is buy th new domain then add your name servers very simple and will not need any export of your database!
      aha thanks I do have the .com domain aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by allenmur
        Not true at all. It will have to depend on your web server's configuration. The easiest path is to have your new domain redirect to your old one.

A more permanent solution would be to create a new hostin account under your new domain and physically move over all the files from your old domain to new one. And then just have your old domain redirect to your new one.
        :)

Comment

Originally posted by DirectPixel
          Not true at all. It will have to depend on your web server's configuration. The easiest path is to have your new domain redirect to your old one.

A more permanent solution would be to create a new hostin account under your new domain and physically move over all the files from your old domain to new one. And then just have your old domain redirect to your new one.
          that way would mean having to switch hosts! the easy way would be to go to your domain profile if you have accessto it from who you got it from then DNS setting and change the name server to what your host has given you as your name server this way is very simple and does not require any movement of files! if you dont have access to this then you would need to email the host and let them no!

Comment

Originally posted by DirectPixel

What the actual situation is - as follow:

I am having two hostings plan, one bronz and one silver. My forum - .net - is directed to silver. On bronz I am having .com associated but running my private site.

I can merge bronz and silver into one gold plan, then the question is, is it enough to change the path in vBulletin from .net to .com? Or there are some more complicated settings to do?

Comment