• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MRGTB
    replied
    Originally posted by BamaStangGuy
    I got a search box in 1.5
    Thats probably because you using vB 3.5. I'm using vB 3.0.12 and I don't have a search box when viewed in Firefox 1.5.

I have about 3 other nasty issues viewing my site with Firefox 1.5 also, that were not there in the previous version. Which seems to be related to vB 3.0 only and not vB 3.5. Gotta admit I'm not a big firefox fan anyway. There are a few features like "copy and paste" is rubbish in FF and doesn't always let you copy from one page and paste into another using your mouse only, unlike IE which always does no matter what. You have to use CTRL V instead half the time in FF to paste content back.

But like already stated here, support for vB 3.0 is all but stopped now.
    Last edited by MRGTB; Mon 20 Feb '06, 7:12am.

Leave a comment:

• Raz Meister
    replied
    It's all good moaning about it here, but why not do something to help fix it?

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/

Leave a comment:

• ManagerJosh
    replied
    Well, I currently have 8 tabs open and it's reporting I'm using 205,060K in memory -_-'

Leave a comment:

• BamaStangGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by Gary Bolton
    Has anybody noticed that when you are in the admin panel and browsing templates using Firefox, there is no search box in the template you look at, unlike IE that displays a search box to enter to text to search the template your looking at
    I got a search box in 1.5

Leave a comment:

• Marco van Herwaarden
    replied
    Think i once even saw a bugreport for that.

Leave a comment:

• MRGTB
    replied
    Has anybody noticed that when you are in the admin panel and browsing templates using Firefox, there is no search box in the template you look at, unlike IE that displays a search box to enter to text to search the template your looking at

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by Floris
    Turned that off... I seldom if ever go back and don't care if it is cached. Most of the times, Firefox just starts gobling memory when I switch between programs and this hasn't changed that.

Leave a comment:

• AWS
    replied
    Originally posted by M1th
    http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/ben/archives/009749.html

set browser.sessionhistory.max_total_viewers to 0... see if it'll help.

5 tabs open with lots of extensions installed... 85MB usage.
    Hello! Already posted in this thread.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Hello!

http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/ben/archives/009749.html

Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• harmor
    replied
    My Firefix resources went to 425,000 K.

Leave a comment:

• MGM
    replied
    Originally posted by tgillespie
    I think CS2 was a huge improvement over CS, but for some reason I think I might still prefer PS7 over CS2.
    Agreed. I'm still using PS7 to this day. I haven't really tried CS or CS2. I wonder if there are demos available...

MGM out

Leave a comment:

• DirectPixel
    replied
    Originally posted by tgillespie
    I think CS2 was a huge improvement over CS, but for some reason I think I might still prefer PS7 over CS2.
    No smart guides and multiple layer selection? You're crazy!

Leave a comment:

• tgillespie
    replied
    Originally posted by DirectPixel
    Never had any problems with Photoshop CS2 for me.

I find it actually loads somewhat faster than the CS version before it. Even if it did leak, it'll just be an excuse for me to buy more memory.

Leave a comment:

• DirectPixel
    replied
    Never had any problems with Photoshop CS2 for me.

I find it actually loads somewhat faster than the CS version before it. Even if it did leak, it'll just be an excuse for me to buy more memory.

Leave a comment:

• tgillespie
    replied
    Originally posted by filburt1
    Here are clarifications:
    • Photoshop and Dreamweaver consume a lot of memory, but they do not leak (at least as much). They use memory and then free it. That is not a leak.
    I understand that both of these applications are very resource intensive, but just recently I have noticed actual memory leaks in both. While using PS CS2, I will notice the memory usage climb to 400+ MB even after I close all documents. Could be filters or actions that I use, but I never experienced this in PS7. After working with large graphics, minutes after they are closed memory usage is still high even after the memory should have auto dumped. Granted, I don't know if its absolutely a memory leak, but somehow CS2 has poorer memory management than PS7.

As for Dreamweaver, it seems when I open multiple documents that contain lots of different language code bits, it starts chunking. The only thing that fixes it is a restart.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X