What we know about 3.6 and 4.0?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What we know about 3.6 and 4.0?

Well, there's been several posts floating around by staff talking about upcoming features in one of these two versions. How about we make a list of things that have been mentioned so far?

-2-second time out instead of 30-second timeout for the version checking.

-Big code rewrite to allow for PostgreSQL

We also know they're working on a blog, but I don't know if that falls under 3.6 or 4.0...I assume 4.0.
    Photography :: Bird Information and Help

That they are gonna be out sooner than we think
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

I had a thought but I don't see any new versions.

Comment

3.6 will include the coffee maker and pizza boy add-ons as well.

Comment

People, what is it with wanting new versions so badly? Just be happy with what there is. I mean when vB 4 DOES come out, you'll all be like "We want vB 5.0!!!!!!!!!!111".

Chill out!
          "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

IIRC, adding PostgreSQL will only require a few modifications of the database wrapper.
            :)

Comment

Originally posted by Brad.loo
              3.6 will include the coffee maker and pizza boy add-ons as well.
              Can I get a pizza girl instead?

MGM out

Comment

Originally posted by MGM
                Can I get a pizza girl instead?

MGM out
                lol I second that.
                "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tailfeathers

Well, there's been several posts floating around by staff talking about upcoming features in one of these two versions. How about we make a list of things that have been mentioned so far?

-2-second time out instead of 30-second timeout for the version checking.

-Big code rewrite to allow for PostgreSQL

We also know they're working on a blog, but I don't know if that falls under 3.6 or 4.0...I assume 4.0.
                  4.0 might not include postgresql support but its a consideration that will be made when writing it.
                  Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Creepshow
                    People, what is it with wanting new versions so badly? Just be happy with what there is. I mean when vB 4 DOES come out, you'll all be like "We want vB 5.0!!!!!!!!!!111".

Chill out!
                    Is wanting a new version so bad?
                    Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

There will now be an integrated Support Assistant AI-Bot that will answer all of your questions and automatically fix suspected and reported problems on your vBulletin.

Comment

Personally, I look forward to 4.0 because it will mean I can start 'afresh' and not be out of date.

I've too many hacks on my 3.0 board to upgrade to 3.5. It's not that I don't want to install them again, it's that many have not been ported. So given the minimal improvements 3.5 offers the end user over 3.0, I'm staying put. But it's frustrating.

4.0 will presumably be a big enough jump from 3.x to justify such an upgrade. But I know it's a LOOONG way off yet.

I can still remember the day 3.0 went gold and I could upgrade from 2.3.4 as if it were yesterday, but it's almost 2 years! . I still feel I've got something modern and up to date though...even though I haven't!
                        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.1 Demo
                        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

I want to see new products from Jelsoft that integrate with Vbulletin.....

Comment

I think 4.0 will have
                            • A better promotions system
                            • More ajax integration
                            • Better Plugin Categorization.
                            • A new Style.

Comment

vB 4.0 will finally have the Intuitive Reply EngineĀ®. It was originally slated as a possible feature for vB 3.0, but PHP couldn't handle the logic engine and we didn't want to require that other software be installed on the server. With the improvements in PHP5 and MySQL5, it's become possible to deploy this feature.

We worked very hard with a team of psychologists to come up with a lengthy questionairre that will give a complete writing and psychological profile of the user(s) who submit it.
                              Using the answers from the questionairre the Intuitive Reply EngineĀ® will be able to post a response that will seem like it came from that user, allowing admins more free time by not having to read and respond to silly questions on their forums.

It will be togglable per forum, with an On/Off switch in the vBulletin Options (on by default) for those who choose not to use it.

There will also be Usergroup Permissions in case you want to allow your mods to use it as well, or even regular members, though this is not recommended for heavily trafficked forums as it may cause load issues.
                              Webmaster:
                              @forumz

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X