Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate SG-1: The Alliance Game Cancelled!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stargate SG-1: The Alliance Game Cancelled!

I can't believe this has actually happened!?!?

MGM/Sony Pictures are stopping Perception from completing and publishing the game!

Please sign this petition to bring the game back!
    http://www.petitiononline.com/SGTA/petition.html

Go into news and find the appropriate thread.
    http://www.stargate-thealliance.com/forum/
    -- David.

If I spend much more time browsing these forums, I could be subjected to: 1. Burnt retinas, 2. Angry customers, 3. Lack of moderation, 4. Arguments.
    This used to be a nice place; what the hell's gone wrong?

Meah...wouldn't it be better for them to roll out the MMORPG?
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

probably they are perparing for ps3

Comment

So a game company violated copyright and produced a game for retail to take advantage of someone else's property and then after it was completed asked for permission to sell it? I would have denied them rights as well if I owned the property.

MGM probably has other ideas how a game should be done.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
          I do not comment on rumors and speculation.

MGM out

Comment

So a game company violated copyright and produced a game for retail to take advantage of someone else's property and then after it was completed asked for permission to sell it? I would have denied them rights as well if I owned the property.

Huh? where did you hear that? Care to fill me in on the details?
            http://images.absolutepunk.net/images/andrew.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Bratac
              Huh? where did you hear that? Care to fill me in on the details?
              http://www.petitiononline.com/SGTA/petition.html

On the 20 January 2006, the Stargate Communtiy learned that MGM had let the PC, X-Box and PS2 Game "Stargate SG1 : The Alliance" die, by not granting license permission to its developer "Perception". The Game was near completion and had got several offers from publishers including "Namco". It had used the voices of SG1 actors who all supported the game.
              That text implies they developed the game using copyrighted material and only when it was near completion did they ask for a license to use the material.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Strange well in the beginning they had the rights for sure back when Jowood was still involved. I am suprised they carried on without the rights thats pretty dumb. What a waste of the developers time.
                http://images.absolutepunk.net/images/andrew.gif

Comment

Think its more complicated than that. Perception did have a licence with MGM to develop a game with JoWooD investing heavily in it, the game was originaly due to be out last October but towards the end of development JoWood cancelled the agreement saying that the product did not meet its standards and demanded back all the money they had invested. At the time it was made clear that Perception did hold the Licence from MGM to make the game and so development continued but there was a various lawsuits between the two companies as to who actualy owns the licence but perception came out of it with MGM in their corner.

Now it looks like MGM have pulled the plug and people are up in arms, why? JoWooD dropped the game after spending 5.5 million on it because they thought it was crap, now MGM have pulled the plug on it and dont want their material and IP used in the game which also looks like the game wasnt up to much and yet people are complaining? The game is obviously rubbish, look at the amount of bad movie/tv tie ins there has been and for this game to have the plug pulled from it for the second time indicates something is seriously wrong with it

Comment

Thanks for a more detailed explanation. Personally, I probably wouldn't have bought it anyway. I like the Stargate franchise but there hasn't been a game yet based off of a television or movie franchise that is an absolutely must have. Most are money sucking pieces of garbage showing the true commercial interests of the artists and have very little in common with the actual property.

Wayne Luke

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X