X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cirisme
    replied
    Originally posted by _| () R | Z
    ironicly, IPS is also HOSTING the amd forums.....
    Oops.

Leave a comment:

• Scott MacVicar
    replied
    Boxy asked for more information about 2 hours ago in a ticket.

I'll have a look at it but it looks like your template was edited which means someone has DB access, i'll investigate once we have more information.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Originally posted by grabassgirl
    I run VBulletin and we have the same thing happening to my sites as what happened to the AMD place. I was told by my server company that it was an exploit in the VB software.

Does anyone know anything about how to get rid of this? I have had my server comany remove all instances, but it creeps back in several hours later. My server company told me to get in touch with VB to see what they know and I have a ticket in, but does anyone know anything about this exploit?

Any member of mine that visits my sites thru IE or AOL browser gets a virus.
    Sorry, I have no idea what you are talking about. You should start a new thread with all the relevant info.

Leave a comment:

• grabassgirl
    replied
    I run VBulletin and we have the same thing happening to my sites as what happened to the AMD place. I was told by my server company that it was an exploit in the VB software.

Does anyone know anything about how to get rid of this? I have had my server comany remove all instances, but it creeps back in several hours later. My server company told me to get in touch with VB to see what they know and I have a ticket in, but does anyone know anything about this exploit?

Any member of mine that visits my sites thru IE or AOL browser gets a virus.

Leave a comment:

• _| () R | Z
    replied
    ironicly, IPS is also HOSTING the amd forums.....

Leave a comment:

• ManagerJosh
    replied
    I read over at the IPB Boards Lindy logged in to take a look what was going on. On a closed thread, it said that they upgraded the board software and the matter was resolved...

Leave a comment:

• cirisme
    replied
    It probably has less to do with IPB and more to do with the poor service their offshored corporate IT provides. I have witnessed some of their major screw-ups, so if the same outsourced IT serviced the website, this does not surprise me in the least.

I'm surprised AMD still off-shores their IT support.

Leave a comment:

• Dean C
    replied
    It's a lot more likely that a server-side exploit was run.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by TheDon-VBB
    And how do you know the specifics only kiddin', I don't touch the iFrame tag - it's only supported in IE and it's has it's many weaknesses.
    The Iframe tag is supported by more than IE and is a W3C standard tag as of HTML 4.01. Any standards compliant browser should support it.

http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/present/frames.html#h-16.5

Leave a comment:

• Vtec44
    replied
    Originally posted by Floris

Thumbsup for the script kiddies. (up their..)
    LOL

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Big sites, known companies and fortune500 people etc are constantly the victom of weekly if not daily hack / abuse / threat / etc attacks. It is bound to happen that someone gets lucky and a web is too late with patching.

Thumbsup for the script kiddies. (up their..)

Leave a comment:

• Quillz
    replied
    Originally posted by ManagerJosh
    Under normal circumstances I would agree Steve. However the word I got was IPB was the source of the problem and that someone stuffed some code into the templates to cause an IFRAME to open and generate it to load the trojan.
    Even so, it's entirely possible that the same thing could happen in vB, phpBB, etc. If IPB works for AMD, there is no reason for them to switch.

Leave a comment:

• TheDon-VBB
    replied
    Originally posted by ManagerJosh
    Under normal circumstances I would agree Steve. However the word I got was IPB was the source of the problem and that someone stuffed some code into the templates to cause an IFRAME to open and generate it to load the trojan.
    And how do you know the specifics only kiddin', I don't touch the iFrame tag - it's only supported in IE and it's has it's many weaknesses.
    Last edited by TheDon-VBB; Tue 31 Jan '06, 4:57pm.

Leave a comment:

• eXaulz
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol
    There are many possible reasons a site can be hacked that have nothing to do with the forum software.
    http://forums.invisionpower.com/inde...owtopic=206790

Maybe it's just a coincidence, eh...

Well, it was a Windows exploit, so it doesn't really have to do anything with IPB. Unless it does... (i'll link it again: http://forums.invisionpower.com/inde...owtopic=206790)

Hehe.

Leave a comment:

• ManagerJosh
    replied

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X