Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will vBulletin Have An Official Blog Add-on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will vBulletin Have An Official Blog Add-on?

I've searched the forums under 'blog', but I cannot seem to locate the answer other than downloading / installing 3rd party extras / hacks.

During the next upgrade of vBulletin 3.5.x / 4.0, will the board have built in Blog software. I noticed during my initial research of forums that Invision Board offers this, and was hoping that this board has plans to integrate it also.

But hey, I have no personal use for the system - but it's always nice to have the option
    Last edited by TheDon-VBB; Tue 31st Jan '06, 5:02pm.

Jelsoft hasn't made any FORMAL announcement of it's upcoming products so no one really knows what they have cooking currently.
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

There may even be things running you can't see.

As standard policy we dont announce what we're doing until we have something that we think is workable. Each of the developers are constantly playing with new ideas and concepts. Sometimes something comes of them other times they dont.
      Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
        What about some screenshots so that we CAN see?

Comment

Originally posted by Kurisu
          What about some screenshots so that we CAN see?
          http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...63&postcount=8
          Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

Nice find - I didn't notice that when I ran the original search, so hopefully we'll be seeing this soon
            Last edited by TheDon-VBB; Tue 31st Jan '06, 5:03pm.

Comment

As standard policy we don't announce what we're doing until we have something that we think is workable. Each of the developers are constantly playing with new ideas and concepts. Sometimes something comes of them other times they don't.
              I don't understand that policy myself. If you was working on a product behind the scenes, what's the harm in advertising your doing just that to give members something to look forward too and think about. You could still advertise that the new product being worked on behind the scenes could be "scrapped" if deemed unworkable during testing.

Most other sites do it to help boost there products future growth with planned add-ons. IPB being one as a prime example. A policy like this really annoys me because it can keep a person guessing for years if there might be this and that due to no information at all being given. When there might be nothing planned at all.
              Last edited by MRGTB; Thu 26th Jan '06, 9:14pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Bolton
                I don't understand that policy myself. If you was working on a product behind the scenes, what's the harm in advertising your doing just that to give members something to look forward too and think about. You could still advertise that the new product being worked on behind the scenes could be "scrapped" if deemed unworkable during testing.

Most other sites do it to help boost there products future growth with planned add-ons. IPB being one as a prime example. A policy like this really annoys me because it can keep a person guessing for years if there might be this and that due to no information at all being given. When there might be nothing planned at all.
                I dont make the policy, i just follow it. It's not up to me to decide what we should or shouldn't release.
                Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

I know the debate "include or not to include" has been rehashed many times. For what it's worth, however, I do think that a blog function or some way of letting users express themselves sequentially in their own space, would be a good core functionality. I say this because blogs have demonstrated that those who wish to collaborate (e.g. forums) also wish to share (e.g. blogs).

I'm not sure if formal research exists that would support my claim, but I would be willing to gamble that upwards of 75% of forum users would welcome a means of expressing themselves in a linear fashion.
                  Cause change

Comment

I dont make the policy, i just follow it. It's not up to me to decide what we should or shouldn't release.
                    Ouch! Responses like that are text-book cases of bad management.

I'd think that this policy was created as a result of the hype surrounding the vBulletin 3 launch?
                    :)

Comment

I believe that's right DP, but I have to say that I agree with their policy. If they announced a product, even if it was a year off from release, we'd see thread after thread after thread with posts like "when will it release" "can we get more information" "why can't you release it sooner" "it's too expensive!" etc. .... whereas, if they tell us about the product a month or two off (with the case of 3.5) then everybody is happy because it releases in a very short time.

MGM out

Comment

/me whistles:
                        http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/blog.php

No Permission Error though.

Comment

Originally posted by bfoot045
                          /me whistles:
                          http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/blog.php

No Permission Error though.
                          That would explain the reason why the Online Status section (in the 3.5.x files) has blog in there...
                          Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

Can everybody NOT query me on IRC to give you screenshots of how it looks? You guys are quite annoying to do so en-masse and of course I can not give you a screenshot. Just sit on your butt and wait until there is an announcement.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Bolton
                              Because if it doesn't turn out the way they want, or if it doesn't work, or for whatever reason it can't be done, they don't have to make up a string of excuses or apologies to people for *not* doing it, and if it takes longer than they expected, they don't have to say "please be patient." They can work on it at their own pace and with no feeling of "this has to be done."

I'd think that'd be the most likely reason. I know I'd hate to have that kind of pressure on me.

Comment

Working...
                              X