Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Photoshop help...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Photoshop help...

    Lets say I want to get a piece of this pic, any piece (doesnt matter) as long as its 640px by 125px.... The thing is I know how to do that in photoshop, the trick is I dont want it just square, I want it as a shape (Rounded Rectangle) which is a tool in photoshop, the thing is I dont know how to cut the rest of the pic and just have the rounded rectangle with the 640 x 125 piece in it? Appreciate any help, thanks...


  • #2
    you have to use the mask and feather buttons.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by nufc fan
      you have to use the mask and feather buttons.
      by mask, do you mean the marquee tool? If so, they only offer regular rectangle and elliptical but no rounded rectangle...

      Comment


      • #4
        GoodTutorials.com

        ^^ That's where I learn, just use the search for Masking

        Comment


        • #5
          select what you want => Select menu => Modify => smooth... => enter in a number ==> right-click on image, select inverse => press delete button on keyboard.
          :)

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by DirectPixel
            select what you want => Select menu => Modify => smooth... => enter in a number ==> right-click on image, select inverse => press delete button on keyboard.

            Edit: nvm, thanks alot man, great help...

            Comment


            • #7
              hmmm, I did what you said, one problem, there are white strips sticking out of the smooth edges as if to make it a regular rectangle, how do you take those off....

              here is the pic, you see the white strips coming out the smooth edges...



              Last edited by Doctor Swole; Sun 22 Jan '06, 7:23pm.

              Comment


              • #8
                bump...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Doctor Swole
                  hmmm, I did what you said, one problem, there are white strips sticking out of the smooth edges as if to make it a regular rectangle, how do you take those off....

                  here is the pic, you see the white strips coming out the smooth edges...



                  ^ Pics dont work.
                  "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    sorry...



                    if you look carefully, you will see the white stripes coming out of the smooth edges to make it a regular rectangle, my question is how do you remove those white stripes???

                    Comment


                    • #11


                      Would work.
                      Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        hmm, I tried using the magic eraser on those white strips, saved it as a jpeg and it still showed those strips???

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by tgillespie


                          Would work.
                          That's a pretty bad way to do it. The cleanest, of course, would be to do it with the pen tool. I'm not going to go into that, as I'm assuming for someone who wants to know how to smooth the edges of a shape, using the pen tool effective may be a bit too complicated.

                          Here's an easier way: Use the same instructions as I gave above, but right before selecting inverse, do a Select-->Feather... and enter in a pixel value from about 1 to 4, depending on how big of a selection and how much you smoothed the selection.
                          :)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Doctor Swole
                            hmm, I tried using the magic eraser on those white strips, saved it as a jpeg and it still showed those strips???
                            Jpeg cannot do transparency. Your best bet is saving the file as a GIF image. Internet Explorer does not allow for transparent png images, so GIF is your only real option. Let me know if you need help.
                            Originally posted by DirectPixel
                            That's a pretty bad way to do it. The cleanest, of course, would be to do it with the pen tool. I'm not going to go into that, as I'm assuming for someone who wants to know how to smooth the edges of a shape, using the pen tool effective may be a bit too complicated.
                            I realize that, but being that he's having a bit of trouble with Photoshop, the easiest method possible is probably the most helpful for right now.
                            Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Whats the most convinient and efficient way to do this, regardless of how tough it is, I will learn trust me... Appreciate it.

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X