No announcement yet.

Eu Vat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd must of past the VAT threshold and requiered by law to register for VAT. What puzzles me is all Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd prices are all in US dollars $ and not in UK pounds or Euro's?

So, if they advertise the prices in $ does this not give the impression they are trading as a US company? I know they are UK based so why not change there main prices to UK pounds without VAT and at the end of the sale add VAT.

So if Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd charges $160 + UK vat at 17.7% thats a total of (in pounds, exchange rate inc) £106.17 or $188.00 USD.

Licence $160 = £90.36
    VAT at 17.5% = £15.81
    Total Cost Licence £106.17

Convert the £106.17 back into US$ dollars, thats a total of $188.00USD compared to the original cost of $160.00 USD$.

So its costing us a full £15.81 ($28.00USD) more.

Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd needs to change there prices first.

Laters

PS.

As a gesture of goodwill to our customers, we have decided to offer a temporary moratorium on VAT for EU residents for a period of three months. This will mean that (for example) the price of an owned vBulletin license will be $160 including VAT ($136.17 + VAT). During these three months, Jelsoft will effectively absorb the extra cost to customers of the VAT so that the total payable price for a product or service will remain unchanged.

After the three months are over, with effect from April 30th 2006, prices will revert to their previous levels, with a vBulletin owned license selling for $160 + VAT.
    You cant charge UK VAT on US prices, its only UK/Euro etc so the above is wrong.
    Last edited by The Realist; Sat 21 Jan '06, 4:20am.

Comment

So basically, if you're looking to purchase the vBulletin board (like myself), then do it before the end of April and Jelsoft will pay the VAT for me. In a couple of weeks I'll be doing this, so I'll end up paying the £91 and not the £106 (saving £15).

Not bad at all

OT
      I just hope vBulletin 4.0 isn't released May 1st otherwise I would of lost out (the free annual updates only work with 3.5.x right? so as soon as 3.6 hits or 4.0, I'd have to renew the license?)

Comment

Nope, you will get all the updates for a full 12 months 3.5.x and 4.0 whatever.

Laters

Originally posted by TheDon-VBB
        I just hope vBulletin 4.0 isn't released May 1st otherwise I would of lost out (the free annual updates only work with 3.5.x right? so as soon as 3.6 hits or 4.0, I'd have to renew the license?)

Comment

Originally posted by The Realist
          Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd must of past the VAT threshold and requiered by law to register for VAT. What puzzles me is all Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd prices are all in US dollars $ and not in UK pounds or Euro's?
          Not exactly I think... look here: http://www.vbulletin.com/order/

You can change the price list to Euro using the drop-down menu.

EDIT: Wanted to include the quote...
          Last edited by Onimua; Sat 21 Jan '06, 6:41am.
          Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

Yes you are 1000% correct and they do have a drop down currency change option, teach me to look first

Full VB licence including VAT is £91.00

Laters

Originally posted by Onimua
            No... look here: http://www.vbulletin.com/order/

You can change the price list to Euro using the drop-down menu.

Comment

Originally posted by The Realist
              Same reason I do, a large proportion of vBulletin customers are American. $ is also the default currency for a lot of web based software purchases.

You cant charge UK VAT on US prices, its only UK/Euro etc so the above is wrong.
              The currency is irrelevant as to whether VAT is charged, all that matter is the location of the end user. I can decide to price my software in South African Rand if I want, selling it to someone in the UK will still require 17.5% payable in VAT.
              Christopher Padfield
              Web Based Helpdesk
              DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

So whats stopping people giving a false US address as an example, not paying VAT and 3 months later transfer the license.

Comment

See Kiers post above: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...45&postcount=6
                  Best Regards
                  Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

To true,

So all you potential purchasers of VB in the UK, abide by the law.

Laters all.

Originally posted by Colin F

Comment

Last edited by Kroby; Tue 20 Jun '06, 10:40pm.

Comment

Your post doesn't make much sense, why should we take an increased risk to transfer a license to another party?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X