Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starting vBulletin websites (3 months or less)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seangworld
    replied
    ah, i had that opportunity at a game site a long while back and didn't appreciate it. i mean, i liked it, but i pretty much squandered the activity i got and well...here i am FINALLY starting over with a new site/new subject/new direction.

Leave a comment:

• Robert Paulson
    replied
    Originally posted by seangworld View Post
    how did you get so many members in such short time?
    Well. to make a long story short, I was an active member at another, very large audio related board. The Admin made a whole lot of changes that the active users were NOT digging. I told him that, he didn't want to hear it, and one thing led to another, which led to me getting banned.

Before I got banned, I told him if he banned me I'd start my own board, and give the users just a little more than he was giving them.

I emailed two users from the previous board I was on, they told a couple of people, who told a couple of people, etc.

Since I put my board up, it's had over a thousand more posts than the one I got banned from, which has been around for 8 years.

I learned a valuable lesson from it. LISTEN TO THE MEMBERS!!!!

Leave a comment:

• seangworld
    replied
    Originally posted by Robert Paulson View Post
    I went online with my first board 3 weeks ago today.

Threads: 1,183
    Members: 201
    Active Members: 201

I had zero programming or web design experience. Never even registered a domain name before. The vBulletin software makes me look real smart to people that don't realize how great a product it is.

I am still near the tip of the iceberg as far as implementing the different features available, but little by little it's improving.

audioandanarchy.com
    how did you get so many members in such short time?

Leave a comment:

• Robert Paulson
    replied
    I went online with my first board 3 weeks ago today.

Threads: 1,183
    Members: 201
    Active Members: 201

I had zero programming or web design experience. Never even registered a domain name before. The vBulletin software makes me look real smart to people that don't realize how great a product it is.

I am still near the tip of the iceberg as far as implementing the different features available, but little by little it's improving.

audioandanarchy.com

Leave a comment:

• seangworld
    replied
    my site link is in my sig.

opened it just a few days ago, last week.

Leave a comment:

• Oneback
    replied
    Originally posted by LGNetw0rk View Post
    Very nice start, Oneback. That forum has a lot of potential.
    Thanks for the kind works. I've put a lot of work into it. I think my family misses me.

Leave a comment:

• TylerK10
    replied
    Very nice start, Oneback. That forum has a lot of potential.

Leave a comment:

• Oneback
    replied
    http://www.virtualsportsdepot.com

Just made live today and looking to build a solid member base. This is my first time doing this so any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    With ldap directory for example, or a plugin that integrates 1 userbase, etc.

Leave a comment:

• SbyD_Salient
    replied
    Cool thread

Might be worth while if one of the staff members deleted the posts on forums no longer in business

Sorry we're not running yet and the only place I have which could get mentioned doesn't use vB.

Leave a comment:

• rasp187
    replied
    www.HighPSI.org

Leave a comment:

• TundraSoul
    replied
    Originally posted by Floris View Post
    You should bridge the user database, so a user on one site is a member on the other. So they don't have to register on your other sites, and you introduce them to your other sites too. Increasing traffic and building a community faster. it also gives a great impression of a network with multiple sites that is doing pretty good as it looks active. Which usually gets you more return traffic and more new members too.
    So how do we do this? Point me in the right direction please.

Leave a comment:

• RadarReviews_Net
    replied
    dafdsfadfadafa
    Last edited by RadarReviews_Net; Thu 21st Feb '08, 1:10am.

Leave a comment:

• TylerK10
    replied
    http://cod4-mw.net is a Call of Duty forum that has been open for 5 hours with 270 posts, lol.

Leave a comment:

• MaxisSpieler
    replied
    Here is my forum
    We are talking about buses.
    Unfortunately, I have little user and still none. De domain

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X