Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starting vBulletin websites (3 months or less)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Chief
    IS there not anyone else that has a starting vBulletin forum that would like to share with us?
    Dude, with all due respect....

I advise you not to "share" a vbulletin database with someone else, because it won't work...One will have their agendas, and the other will have theirs, and in a result, it may break the two entinities apart. It would cause a conflict, all in the end...trouble. I've seen it happen before, and I hope it doesn't happen to another board.

The only way a "shared" forum would work, would be if a company, or a person bought the forum database and perform a full fledged merge.

Comment

He means show us your website and tell what you've done....

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos X
        Dude, with all due respect....

I advise you not to "share" a vbulletin database with someone else, because it won't work...One will have their agendas, and the other will have theirs, and in a result, it may break the two entinities apart. It would cause a conflict, all in the end...trouble. I've seen it happen before, and I hope it doesn't happen to another board.

The only way a "shared" forum would work, would be if a company, or a person bought the forum database and perform a full fledged merge.
        Yes, that was totally what was expected...

Please read carefully Carlos...
        myetalk | Music, Bands, Friends and Forums.

http://www.myetalk.com

Comment

Originally posted by TruthElixirX
          He means show us your website and tell what you've done....
          I guess I misintrepret the post itself. I thought he meant the way I said it.

*Embarrassed*

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos X
            I guess I misintrepret the post itself. I thought he meant the way I said it.

*Embarrassed*
            That's ok, is there anyone else that would like to hsare their starting vB?

Comment

i will post my site when i get vb on it i hope to have vb by feb my site is 4 months old 900+ members and 9,000 posts so far but had problems with my board!

Comment

Originally posted by allenmur
                i will post my site when i get vb on it i hope to have vb by feb my site is 4 months old 900+ members and 9,000 posts so far but had problems with my board!
                900 members, wow, thats amazing for 4 months

Comment

Originally posted by The Chief
                  900 members, wow, thats amazing for 4 months
                  Yes, very good stats indeed.

Comment

thanks for the comments now im working on getting the members to post but sure when i put vb on my site they will as i was once a member of a forum that phpbb on it i posted like 10 times then when they put vb on i find myself posting all the time plus the key to posting is get some good threads going really well i think so!

Comment

My site is http://www.celticminded.com - its a forum about Celtic Football Club, it's fans and whatever they wish to discuss, from the club to what they had for tea.

We have a Japanese language section, our main section and a vBookie section.

We've been open since late November 2005 and have 4,233 members, 33,819 threads and 332,203 posts.

I have 4 Admins (+2 from my hosts) and 7 moderators.

Due to our somewhat "interesting" relationship with a certain other football club, we get a lot of malicious invaders, and I'm actually on here tonight to find out how best to deal with them.

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by mincecfc
                        My site is http://www.celticminded.com - its a forum about Celtic Football Club, it's fans and whatever they wish to discuss, from the club to what they had for tea.

We've been open since late November 2005 and have 4,233 members, 33,819 threads and 332,203 posts.

Due to our somewhat "interesting" relationship with a certain other football club, we get a lot of malicious invaders, and I'm actually on here tonight to find out how best to deal with them.

Cheers.
                        Wow, thats amazing for only being open till late November.

Let's just say you got some luck and a crazy ass idea

Good job and congrats!!

Best of luck!

Comment

My forums are located at http://www.natternet.org and they are entertainment and general discussion forums. We opened last week and are looking for members to join in with that discussion.

Comment

Cheers.
                            thats great work on getting your site out there! great stats for your site not a football team i like but like them more than rangers lol

if you dont mind me asking how did you get so many members in such short space of time?

Comment

Originally posted by allenmur
                              thats great work on getting your site out there! great stats for your site not a football team i like but like them more than rangers lol

if you dont mind me asking how did you get so many members in such short space of time?
                              Another popular Celtic forum shutdown and we opened our board shortly thereafter, so I suppose we cheated in a way

Comment

Another popular Celtic forum shutdown and we opened our board shortly thereafter, so I suppose we cheated in a way
                                lol well you gained well but great work!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X