Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starting vBulletin websites (3 months or less)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With ldap directory for example, or a plugin that integrates 1 userbase, etc.

Comment

• http://www.virtualsportsdepot.com

Just made live today and looking to build a solid member base. This is my first time doing this so any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• Very nice start, Oneback. That forum has a lot of potential.

Comment

• Originally posted by LGNetw0rk View Post
          Very nice start, Oneback. That forum has a lot of potential.
          Thanks for the kind works. I've put a lot of work into it. I think my family misses me.

Comment

• my site link is in my sig.

opened it just a few days ago, last week.
            sigpic

Comment

• I went online with my first board 3 weeks ago today.

Threads: 1,183
              Members: 201
              Active Members: 201

I had zero programming or web design experience. Never even registered a domain name before. The vBulletin software makes me look real smart to people that don't realize how great a product it is.

I am still near the tip of the iceberg as far as implementing the different features available, but little by little it's improving.

audioandanarchy.com
              audioandanarchy.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Paulson View Post
                I went online with my first board 3 weeks ago today.

Threads: 1,183
                Members: 201
                Active Members: 201

I had zero programming or web design experience. Never even registered a domain name before. The vBulletin software makes me look real smart to people that don't realize how great a product it is.

I am still near the tip of the iceberg as far as implementing the different features available, but little by little it's improving.

audioandanarchy.com
                how did you get so many members in such short time?
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by seangworld View Post
                  how did you get so many members in such short time?
                  Well. to make a long story short, I was an active member at another, very large audio related board. The Admin made a whole lot of changes that the active users were NOT digging. I told him that, he didn't want to hear it, and one thing led to another, which led to me getting banned.

Before I got banned, I told him if he banned me I'd start my own board, and give the users just a little more than he was giving them.

I emailed two users from the previous board I was on, they told a couple of people, who told a couple of people, etc.

Since I put my board up, it's had over a thousand more posts than the one I got banned from, which has been around for 8 years.

I learned a valuable lesson from it. LISTEN TO THE MEMBERS!!!!
                  audioandanarchy.com

Comment

• ah, i had that opportunity at a game site a long while back and didn't appreciate it. i mean, i liked it, but i pretty much squandered the activity i got and well...here i am FINALLY starting over with a new site/new subject/new direction.
                    sigpic

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X