X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by Andrew S
    Windows Live Messenger isn't an open beta as of yet, invites are still being issued to give away.
    Anyone can get an invite by visiting the Messenger website directly or people with current Betas can issue invite from the ideas.live.com website.

To get your invite just visit:
    http://www4.imagine-msn.com/minisite...x?locale=en-us

Leave a comment:

• Andrew S
    replied
    Originally posted by Quillz
    It's an open beta now...
    Windows Live Messenger isn't an open beta as of yet, invites are still being issued to give away.

Leave a comment:

• eXaulz
    replied
    Is it? Oh my. Sorry about that. >.<

Leave a comment:

• Quillz
    replied
    Originally posted by eXaulz
    I too have a few invites. First to PM me with their e-mail gets 'em.
    It's an open beta now...

Leave a comment:

• eXaulz
    replied
    I too have a few invites. First to PM me with their e-mail gets 'em.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by Quillz
    Not that I know of. It's just the next (updated) version of the MSN Messenger protocol.
    Shared Folders. They allow you to share multiple files with several contacts at once. I can see it being very useful in a business environment.

I believe the voice and video communication is more robust as well. Haven't tested it yet though.

Other than that, what really needs to be added to the Instant Messenger? Secure communications standard is the only thing I can think of.

Leave a comment:

• Josh Combs
    replied
    I have some invites too if you would like one please pm me.

-Joshua

Leave a comment:

• nirvanilla
    replied
    if anyone has an invite, could i get one, pretty please?

edit-i really should read threads all the way through before i reply...

Leave a comment:

• Quillz
    replied
    Originally posted by tgillespie
    Minus GUI, new games/smilies/etc, is there anything considerably new in Windows Live?
    Not that I know of. It's just the next (updated) version of the MSN Messenger protocol.

I must be the only one hear who uses the XP built-in Windows Messenger. (I updated to 5.1, the latest version.)

Leave a comment:

• AWS
    replied
    This is a public beta now.

More info and download:
    http://www.msn.co.uk/messengerbeta/Default.asp?MSPSA=1
    Direct download:
    http://g.msn.com/1csbeta/Mess80_EN

Leave a comment:

• AWS
    replied
    Originally posted by TruthElixirX
    PM'd.....
    Invite sent.
    4 left.

Leave a comment:

• TruthElixirX
    replied
    PM'd.....

Leave a comment:

• AWS
    replied
    I have 5 more. First 5 to PM me get them.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesyfx
    Which ones are actually useful though?

It's a messenger. You send messages. End of.

The rest is just stuff most people wont need.
    I see it as a communication tool actually. I can voicechat/call people (not new feature), share files with multiple contacts (new feature) and other stuff. Winks and Nudges are fluff but you can turn them off. It also includes better contact management as well as the ability to add notes to contacts and their personal information. While its integration with MSN Spaces (a blog service) is not something I have a big use for, I can see it being handy to have it update whenever a friend posts a new entry.

Now if it only had secure messaging (i.e. SSL Encryption between 2 or more contacts) then it would be better.

I do have to admit the funnest feature I find in Messenger is "Encarta Answers". Nifty little messaging tool to find answers to just about anything.

Leave a comment:

• DirectPixel
    replied
    It had trouble displaying unicode characters even though I have the Windows IME features installed. (Didn't display Chinese Simplified nor Chinese Traditional at all. Just showed question marks instead.)

Also, it would lag for about half a minute when changing color schemes. First time I tried it, worked fine. But after closing my first session, exiting app, and restarting, it started lagging. Also had some lag when switching from skin mode to tool menu mode.

And then there were some seemingly-random crashes...

Leave a comment: