New Laptops from CES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Laptops from CES

Anyone watching the new laptops coming from CES? I am in the market for a new one so watching. I am disappointed by the Sony FE series in that its only WXGA, I am looking WSXGA+.

Anyone else seen anything good? I am looking for something with:

- 15" screen
    - As light/thin as possible (i realise this contradicts with the next point)
    - Decent battery, and preferable dvd-rw exchangable for a spare battery
    - WLAN, Bluetooth
    - Webcam in the top of the lid
    - New range of Intel processors.

Anyone seen anything I should check out. The announced Acer 8200 looks interesting.
    Christopher Padfield
    Web Based Helpdesk
    DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Bump No one with any laptop suggestions with the new dual core processors?
    Christopher Padfield
    Web Based Helpdesk

Comment

I have yet to see anything so far... but I'm not really keeping track, I already have 2 laptops at home (although one is crap), so I haven't really cared about the latest laptops.

Even if there were new laptops, wouldn't you have to wait a few months before they actually release?

MGM out

Comment

Well I hear they are talking end of Jan early Feb for the one I want, that's in the US - so not sure if it will be released in the UK at the same time either.
        Christopher Padfield
        Web Based Helpdesk

Comment

Have you checked this out yet: http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2006/...655086801.html

MGM out

Comment

Yeah, I saw that. My problems with e-book readers are:

a) I like my book shelf of books I have read.
            b) You can't take a e-book reader to the beach and leave it there when you go swimming not worried that someone will steal it
            c) E-book reader gets a bit wet/ banged around in a suitcase/backpack etc you have problems.

etc.

For reading the newspaper on the train its a good idea, although I wonder if a laptop can't already handle it. To replace the paperback book they have got a few revisisons to go
            Christopher Padfield
            Web Based Helpdesk

Comment

Looked at the dells chris? Not sure where you are in the world now but I've always had awsome luck with my dell laptops. Mines a beasty 8-9lbs but I know they have some of the stuff you are looking for.

Comment

Have dell announced anything apart from the 9400 (http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=2699) that's way to big for me.

I have generally found that Dell don't really get the whole laptop is meant to be portable thing, with the exception of their 12" 700 laptop (which istn't bad). There 15" laptops are big square bricks
                Christopher Padfield
                Web Based Helpdesk

Comment

I've had a 15in powerhouse for years, I've never minded the weight. My friends parrents both have them they don't look that hot but they are lightish and get the job done.

Comment

I am coming from a 3.1 pound laptop, so the weight is quite a big issue for me For the money, something that looks quite good - and also is thin is pretty important.

The new apple laptops are interesting, especially if you can dual boot them with Windows, but the screen resolution istn't exactly great and the UK price appears to have been done by someone on drugs when they worked out exchange rates.
                    Christopher Padfield
                    Web Based Helpdesk

Comment

Any idea if Apple is going to make a 12 inch Intel based notebook?
                      Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X