Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buying a used Owned license

can this be done ?
    I've seen on a site ppl selling there leased or owned vB license, and I was thinking about buying, but I want to make sure its supported
    -- Web Developer for hire
    ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Remember a least license only allows you to run vBulletin for 12 months, after which you have to remove the board. So I would'nt bother buying that if I was you. I would buy a owned license though. And I think you can buy it and get him to transfare the details over to you.

Comment

Please note that when you get a license from an unofficial source, you asssume all risks, including the possibility that this license could be phony or charged back and revoked. You should read this article:

[Article] Be smart! Avoid piracy, fraud and fake sales.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

If you are interested in buying one, check or post over at WebHostinTalk.com, there are usually a few floating around there and if not, then a post may find you one.

Keep in mind what Steve said, however.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Bolton
          Remember a least license only allows you to run vBulletin for 12 months, after which you have to remove the board. So I would'nt bother buying that if I was you. I would buy a owned license though. And I think you can buy it and get him to transfare the details over to you.
          ya i know the difference between the two

I'm looking to buy an owned license, but wasn't sure if it was against TOS

thx for the replies guys

Comment

You can normally find them on WHT and it's legal to sale, although make sure the license they are looking to sell off is at least 3-4 months old, otherwise they may be unable to transfer it to you.

Jelsoft states in the license agreement that they may not transfer it unless it is at last 3 months old, so that is something to watch out for when purchasing a used license.

Comment

Originally posted by KingSpade
              Jelsoft states in the license agreement that they may not transfer it unless it is at last 3 months old, so that is something to watch out for when purchasing a used license.
              thank you for that info too

Comment

where can I check a persons license ?
                I have someone who is saying they have an owned license and am planning to buy, but I want to check him/her out to make sure they are telling the truth...
                thank you

Comment

You will be contacted by vBulletin staff during the transfer to verify the transfer, so don't pay anything until that happens.
                  Best Regards
                  Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                    Please note that when you get a license from an unofficial source, you asssume all risks, including the possibility that this license could be phony or charged back and revoked. You should read this article:

[Article] Be smart! Avoid piracy, fraud and fake sales.
                    I almost bought a used license, but after evaluating all the risks, the amount of money I would save was miniscule and not worth the effort. My .02. (However, I would buy a license off of someone I knew in real life that I trusted)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X