Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Anybody reccomend a Good Website Design school?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Anybody reccomend a Good Website Design school?

Can Anybody reccomend a Good Website Design school? One where you would attend in person and not online?
    Thanks
    \

Many colleges have classes in web design. Also some high schools have night classes in certain proggies if you're using one of those to put together a page.
    Kim

Comment

You going to feel that you have been robbed once you finish some of these classes? They do not teach alot, just charge alot. It is better to get into a study group if you can find one. We learn off each other & help others to catch up and only our time is taken.

Comment

loads of free online sites that can help you learn yourself, i learned my self by just reading on sites and trying the things out they where saying to do.

Comment

I believe artistic quality is something that we are born with. Web design follows this trend, and trully great web-designers learn to use the tools available, but they're born with that gift that makes their work stand out. Something to keep in mind before you consider actually paying for an education in an artistic field
          Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

Originally posted by Dean C
            I believe artistic quality is something that we are born with. Web design follows this trend, and trully great web-designers learn to use the tools available, but they're born with that gift that makes their work stand out. Something to keep in mind before you consider actually paying for an education in an artistic field
            That is hogwash. I know several exceptional web designers that don't have an artistic bone in their body. They learned their craft. I also know artists that couldn't design a website if they had too. They paid one of my non-artistic friends to do it for them to showcase their work.
            Saying you are born to be web designer or with the talent to do web design is like saying black people can't swim and white men can't jump and we all know that isn't true.
            Admins Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators

Comment

Originally posted by AWS
              That is hogwash. I know several exceptional web designers that don't have an artistic bone in their body. They learned their craft. I also know artists that couldn't design a website if they had too. They paid one of my non-artistic friends to do it for them to showcase their work.
              Saying you are born to be web designer or with the talent to do web design is like saying black people can't swim and white men can't jump and we all know that isn't true.
              Took the words right out of my mouth.
              "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

Mix of both if you ask me. Some people do have a good imagination for design and a good eye for colours to mix, the same way some people are good at drawing while others are not. But you also need to be good with the coding or software side of things also to put that into practice.

So I'd say a bit of both really as they tend to work hand in hand with each other when it comes to site design.
                Last edited by MRGTB; Fri 30th Dec '05, 9:11pm.

Comment

It will be a big waste of money. Buy a training CD from www.vtc.com or www.lynda.com and practice. I recoomend practice with Adobe Photoshop CS2, graphic design software and for coding parts use Dreamweaver 8. And learn HTML, XHTML, CSS for web design needs. You can also learn PHP & MySQL if you want to develop your own scripts. I am a self-taught designers and web programmer so I highly recommend doing things yourself.
                  Out to Change the world!

Comment

http://www.lynda.com/ you can learn this for free, if you retain information that you can absorb in 24hrs? It has a link for 24hrs for all tutorials for free. Enjoy if you can.

Comment

Down at my local college, they have lots of morning and night classes. They teach HTML and PHP.

Comment

Originally posted by AWS
                        Ok, fair enough we are not born with artistic abilities. It is our life experiences that teach us. Someone who has the correct type of life experience, that has never designed a site in his life may have a good head start, yet it CAN be taught.

Comment

Its in your hand, and matter of practice and courage. Say a girl who knows how to dance, might not have the courage to perform. But another girl who has the courage to give something a try, she succeeds and becomes popular. So, if you have true desire to do something, then practice and perform . Also if you say people are born with artistic abilities, it could be true but since people are doing better by practicing you have very few chances to win the arguement.
                          Out to Change the world!

Comment

Take sports for instance. For every one person that has the gifts to play his sport without working hard at it there are 5 others that are less talented yet play at a high level by simply working hard at being the best.
                            No matter what your goal in life is, being a artist, plumber or millionaire, if you work hard at it you can acheive your goal. You don't have to born with talents to succeed.
                            Admins Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators

Comment

But the better sportsmen are those who just have an un-natural, inexplicable gift and vision for the sport... Michael Jordan, Wayne Rooney, Pete Sampras anyone??
                              Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X