Sound bites on a forum index page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound bites on a forum index page

Has anyone encountered a forum with a sound clip as soon you hit it? This morning I went to a forum and woke the office when a sound clip came one saying something like "Welcome to the blah blah blah forums. We have blah blah blah....." I found it annoying and even posted on their forum about it.
    Kim

If you are referring to that forum about WEED wink! wink!, then yes it is very annoying and loud. I think it was meant for dope heads to wake up.

Comment

IMO, sound is one of the worst things you can add to a webpage. And if you do add it, make an on/off switch with it defaulting to Off.

I use to visit the Lionhead forums to read about the latest Black and White 2 info, and every single page that loaded, it would play a small "click" sound because of the header (which uses Flash). It got really annoying and since then, I've stopped visiting the forums.

MGM out

Comment

Originally posted by MGM
        IMO, sound is one of the worst things you can add to a webpage. And if you do add it, make an on/off switch with it defaulting to Off.
        Yeah, I fully agree. Sound/music on sites really pisses me off. It makes me not want to visit the site.
        "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

The site is a popular Satellite TV forum that uses vB and it caught me off guard. You can Google for the mboard. I did make a comment about on their mboard and the admin said it was the only way to handle audio feeds for the upcoming CES shows.
          Kim

Comment

Originally posted by KimmiKat
            Has anyone encountered a forum with a sound clip as soon you hit it? This morning I went to a forum and woke the office when a sound clip came one saying something like "Welcome to the blah blah blah forums. We have blah blah blah....." I found it annoying and even posted on their forum about it.
            It used to a craze years ago to add a MIDI tune to your homepage as a way of enhancing it for visiters coming. But not anymore and it's now seen as one of the worse things you can do to drive visitors away from your site now.

Comment

You can use Admuncher to remove virtually any webpage component. Nobody should be forced into a certain way of browsing
              @[email protected]

Comment

Working...
              X