Rss Feeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rss Feeds

Do rss feeds help with page rank if so how much do they benefit ??

RSS Feeds only really add a very short description then provide a link to another site were the full story can be read. So the content you get posted on your site is really of little use because it usually no more than about 10-15 words. So I wouldn't even really call it content as such. Not decent content anyway that you would want your site to build up to help you in search engines.

And the links to other sites in the RSS Messages can help lead people away from your site. So it has it's pro's and cons really. I'd say more cons for a new site. I wouldn't adopt the idea to think it's a good way to add new content fast on a new site to get listed. Much better to do it slow yourself - adding an article forum board and post long detailed articles (even take long articles from other sites is another good one). Much slower, but you won't be linking to other sites and it will be a much better source for getting indexed due to mass content.

Articles is the way to go instead of RSS short description threads that only lead people away from your site anyway which you don't want for a new site. Not to mention lots of people don't like sites anyway that use an automated BOTS to add content. Just makes your site look false and automated like a Newsgroup site!
    Last edited by MRGTB; Thu 29 Dec '05, 9:39pm.

Comment

Originally posted by nufc fan
      Do rss feeds help with page rank if so how much do they benefit ??
      RSS feeds can be parsed by other sites, thus having lots of other sites pointing to yours. This helps pagerank.
      http://forums.cpfc.org/

Comment

thanks for the info mate

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X