Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zachery
    replied
    Sorry the offical vBulletin.com support forum wasn't able to help you with a totally unreleated issue

Leave a comment:

• Gameonlock.com
    replied
    Close thread. Getting help at another forum. Much faster help.

Leave a comment:

• Gameonlock.com
    replied
    does NewEGG ship to Canada? Cause i live in toronto, canada

Leave a comment:

• kerplunk
    replied
    It is a lot easier and painless to purchase a "pre-built" computer like Dell, or whatever. If you want to use generic parts and don't really care about what is inside your system, use a pre-built system. They also tend to be cheaper because they buy generic parts in bulk.

If you want to have complete control over what is sucking away at your electricity bill, I would recommend building your own computer from scratch. My next computer will be using an AMD Athlon 64 X2 processor.

From personal experience:

- Use AMD with a great heatsink.
    - Use a well-known motherboard like ASUS, for example.
    - Use Kingston RAM. (ECC if you can afford it.)
    - Seagate hard drive(s)
    - Plenty of fans/cooling
    - Round cables
    - NVIDIA graphics card. I'm currently using an ATI x800 XT 256mb and it was a huge disappointment. My previous card was a GeForce3 Ti 500 64mb.
    - Buy all parts from NewEgg, even if Price Watch/Froogle says other sites sell the same parts for a few dollars less.
    Last edited by kerplunk; Thu 29th Dec '05, 6:23pm.

Leave a comment:

• Gameonlock.com
    replied
    Andrew111888, When did you build this computer and purchase it?

Leave a comment:

• Gameonlock.com
    replied
    Mind giving me some other forums then?

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Originally posted by Gameonlock.com
    Thats exactly what im going to do..this is just taking too long

Anybody know any good computer related forums? I tried finding the http://www.newegg.com forum but i cant find it...im pretty sure they have one also..cause i think i been on it before.
    NewEgg.com doesn't have a forum...

Leave a comment:

• Gameonlock.com
    replied
    Thats exactly what im going to do..this is just taking too long

Anybody know any good computer related forums? I tried finding the http://www.newegg.com forum but i cant find it...im pretty sure they have one also..cause i think i been on it before.
    Last edited by Gameonlock.com; Thu 29th Dec '05, 3:24pm.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Only a 200gb harddrive? Sorta on the small side these days.

You might have better luck asking these questions on a computer related forum.

Leave a comment:

• Gameonlock.com
    replied
    bump

Leave a comment:

• Gameonlock.com
    replied
    Hello. My friend just bought a new computer for like 1500CAD and its realy sick...200gbs hard drive...latest 2006 motherboard..latest 2006 video card..even got the video card free he said...Can anybody look here and tell me, would it be better to buy a pre-made computer (http://www.mdg.ca/en/products/) or buy the parts and build it? I think building it would be better because you get more for less but then again you look back at pre-made computers and u realise they run smoother and all..just my thought. Anybody?

Leave a comment:

• Gameonlock.com
    replied
    Any advice or suggestions you can give me as far as building a comp or buying parts...thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Gameonlock.com
    replied
    Alright thanks

Leave a comment:

• Andrew111888
    replied
    1,000 USD = 1,164 CAD (http://www.xe.com)

Leave a comment:

• Gameonlock.com
    replied
    How much would this be in CAD?

Lol when i saw '$1000 for a full computer' im like nice ima get that...but then you tell me its in us dollars...how much would the whole thing be in CAD? and how much is shipping to Toronto, Canada?

Edit: Also, which of the 2 is a better package not minding the price? I read the reviews for andrews computer parts and people seem REALY happy with them.
    Last edited by Gameonlock.com; Tue 27th Dec '05, 11:33pm.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X