LCD vs. CRT: Christmas Woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LCD vs. CRT: Christmas Woes

Hey everyone! I got a 19" Samsung 914v LCD monitor for Christmas. Everything seems okay, but the jury is still out. I'm used to the 19" CRT that I've used for almost 3 years now. The colors on this LCD just seem washed out compared to the old monitor even though I've installed the drivers and attempted to tweak the settings. The colors seem washed out, and it just seems too bright and big in it's native resolution. Is there something I'm doing wrong or that I should check? Maybe I'm just made for bulky CRT's or something.

You can call the 1-800-SAMSUNG(7267864) EST on weekdays 9to5pm

http://www.samsung.com/support/produ...e=UM&language=

http://www.samsung.com/search/search...ect=0&x=11&y=7

Comment

Take a picture of how it looks ?

Comment

CRTs do tend to have better color saturation. If you have an nVidia card, use the color settings ("digital vibrance") to tweak it. It does an excellent job.
        --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
        Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
        vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

I use digital vibrance and sharpening (only a slight amount) on my TFT screen. Works great.

It especially helps for gaming. It makes things look of a higher quality than they actually are.

Comment

Also use MS Cleartype to improve font clearness.
            Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

I use this site to adjust my LCD monitor. I also use MS ClearType to help with fonts.

Comment

I have a dell 19" LCD and maybe I lucked out, but I didn't really notice any difference from my old crt except for black backgrounds.
                Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

Working...
                X