• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TyleR
    replied
    Originally posted by H2k
    Here is Dean C Beta Tester .!
    Go away..you have like 20 usernames on this site because you always seem to get banned, a.k.a Walim, Club2Share, etc.
    Last edited by TyleR; Sat 24 Dec '05, 10:10pm.

Leave a comment:

• MRGTB
    replied
    Ok, no problem. I just wasn't sure if you meant me when you said he shouldn't listen to people who have never used vBSEO

Leave a comment:

• BamaStangGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by Gary Bolton
    I wasn't talking about the "Friendly URL version" that he already released, I'm talking about a new version that he said he is Beta Testing right now which has not been released yet. But as to how good it will be and how good a coder he is. I have no idea about that.

I'm not sure if you was referring to me or not there. If you was, No I don't own vBSEO or use any type of SEO software. Mainly because I feel no need to use it as I only run a hobby site. I was just pointing out there is a FREE version due for release that maybe he should wait to test before rushing out spending his money on a paid version. I never said I new anything about vBSEO or Dean C version.

I was just being helpful in making him aware or a free version due for release to save him a buck.
    I was talking to Kau and his Nazi comment. It seems that everyone is a Nazi nowadays when you do not agree with them completely.

Leave a comment:

• H2k
    replied
    Here is Dean C Beta Tester .!

Leave a comment:

• MRGTB
    replied
    Originally posted by roosevelt
    I wouldn't call him a hacker . But anyways the free version of Search Engine Friendly URLS plugin isn't really that good. It sometimes works, and sometimes doesn't. I have the free version installed on my forums and it doesn't change all the URLS . However, vbseo actually looks quite good!!
    I wasn't talking about the "Friendly URL version" that he already released, I'm talking about a new version that he said he is Beta Testing right now which has not been released yet. But as to how good it will be and how good a coder he is. I have no idea about that.

Originally posted by BrentWilson
    I swear... sometimes people just kill me. Where did you hear that bit of information? It is far from the truth.

Why not go to http://www.vbseo.com and talk to people that work for them instead of listening to what some person that does not own the software has to say?
    I'm not sure if you was referring to me or not there. If you was, No I don't own vBSEO or use any type of SEO software. Mainly because I feel no need to use it as I only run a hobby site. I was just pointing out there is a FREE version due for release that maybe he should wait to test before rushing out spending his money on a paid version. I never said I new anything about vBSEO or Dean C version.

I was just being helpful in making him aware or a free version due for release to save him a buck.
    Last edited by MRGTB; Sat 24 Dec '05, 3:00pm.

Leave a comment:

• MrNase
    replied
    Originally posted by kau
    Thanks for the info Brent.

Thanks Gary. I read the company that puts out vBSEO are nazi's so I will wait for Dean's version.
    Please define Nazi.. I really think you don't even know what a Nazis was.

Besides that: vBSEO is great, Iam using it since the first beta.. I got my version for free because I helped testing it (well, not really )

The good thing about vBSEO is that it doesn't modify you files. You don't have to to any template edits because vBSEO parses the templates and edits the links by itself.

Leave a comment:

• BamaStangGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by kau

Thanks Gary. I read the company that puts out vBSEO are nazi's so I will wait for Dean's version.
    I swear... sometimes people just kill me. Where did you hear that bit of information? It is far from the truth.

Why not go to http://www.vbseo.com and talk to people that work for them instead of listening to what some person that does not own the software has to say?

Leave a comment:

• kau
    replied

Leave a comment:

• roosevelt
    replied
    I wouldn't call him a hacker . But anyways the free version of Search Engine Friendly URLS plugin isn't really that good. It sometimes works, and sometimes doesn't. I have the free version installed on my forums and it doesn't change all the URLS . However, vbseo actually looks quite good!!

Leave a comment:

• MRGTB
    replied
    Originally posted by kau
    What does this program do and is it worth the money?

Does it just improve your Google/Search Engine rankings somehow? If so how?
    You might want to hang fire right now before spending your money, as a free version is being released very soon at vB.org by another hacker called: Dean C

Originally posted by Dean C
    Mine is close to becoming stable now, I have a few beta testers helping me at my site and all the main bugs have now been ironed out (AFAIK )
    Last edited by MRGTB; Sat 24 Dec '05, 12:36pm.

Leave a comment:

• BamaStangGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by kau
    What does it do exactly though besides change your URLs?

Does it help with search engine ranking for sure or is speculative?
    It does help with search engine rankings as it puts keywords in your urls. However it is not a program that is going to put you on top of google. This requires your work to build links back to your site. This does help though in my experience with my site.

My favorite thing about it is the ease of use, the ability to make the archive redirect to the actual threads reducing duplicate content and the ability to add relnofollows to printthread and some of the showpost pages where showthread = 1 post.

Leave a comment:

• kau
    replied
    What does it do exactly though besides change your URLs?

Does it help with search engine ranking for sure or is speculative?

Leave a comment:

• BamaStangGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by kau

The first thing it does is rewrite your urls obviously. Let me include some screen shots of the configuration control panel so you and everyone else can get a grasp of exactly what it does (I hope this is ok with VBSEO)

Click here to view all my screenshots of their control panel

Just by looking at all the screen shots you can grasp some of the things that it does.

If you have any questions let me know! I love it.

Leave a comment:

• kau
    started a topic vBSEO

vBSEO