Help me - barley know anything about forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me - barley know anything about forums

I am just trying choose the right forums for my clan. I read over all the neat things you could do with my vbulletin. One thing though people on my forums keep saying give me a higher post count. Obviously its not that big of a deal, but some of them think it is.

I currently use phpbb forums. They're very plain, even with all the hacks for them. There is something that raises post count which i did put in, but I still dont like phpbb.

I want to move to vbulletin like I said cause of the neat things like adding more stuff to peoples profiles or raising your reputation and ranks an all that. But I heard you had to pay for it? Exactly how much do you? Because all other forums are free and like if I buy this forum do I get like autoupdates an do I get to use the forums to all my domains? Does a package like get sent in the mail with the software. Please I am very confused

Sorry my bad english

Originally posted by purepwnage
    I am just trying choose the right forums for my clan. I read over all the neat things you could do with my vbulletin. One thing though people on my forums keep saying give me a higher post count. Obviously its not that big of a deal, but some of them think it is.

I currently use phpbb forums. They're very plain, even with all the hacks for them. There is something that raises post count which i did put in, but I still dont like phpbb.

I want to move to vbulletin like I said cause of the neat things like adding more stuff to peoples profiles or raising your reputation and ranks an all that. But I heard you had to pay for it? Exactly how much do you? Because all other forums are free and like if I buy this forum do I get like autoupdates an do I get to use the forums to all my domains? Does a package like get sent in the mail with the software. Please I am very confused

Sorry my bad english
    vBulletin is not free software, it costs $85 for a leased license, and $160 for an owned license. See www.vbulletin.com/order for more information.

You get upgrades free for a year. Which can be renewed at anytime.
    "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

are there any hacks and other templates and stuff or like adding post count?

Comment

You can find just about any kind of plugin, hack, etc. over at vbulletin.org.
        Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

Until they become paid hacks. I hate where vbulletin.org is going with this, but I think they want money for providing service now from advertiser of author's hacks.

Comment

You can modify the post count of users through the admin cp. As long as you do not update the counters on a normal basis, you can increase them as you need. You don't need a hack to modify post counts.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X