No announcement yet.

Should I get this external hard drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I get this external hard drive?

Target is selling a 120-gigabyte external hard drive for $99.99. It's made by Western Digital, a company I've heard of before. Is that a good deal? I need an external hard drive, and 120 gigs is just about right. (I have no need for 300 gigs or more, for example.)
    Last edited by Quillz; Tue 20 Dec '05, 11:08am. Reason: Forgot the post icon!
    Forums

Western Digitial - Great Company. However it's really pricey. I know you said you can't use 300GB, but I can get it for about $149.00

http://shopping.ocregister.com/ROP/a...d=9837093&type=
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

I would say its a deal. Online price for a 120GB WD Drive is around $110 + shipping. The deal ManagerJosh posted is going to cost $200 with hopes of a $50 MIR. If it was me, and space really wasn't a concern, I would go with the WD and save $100.
      Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

Originally posted by tgillespie
        I would say its a deal. Online price for a 120GB WD Drive is around $110 + shipping. The deal ManagerJosh posted is going to cost $200 with hopes of a $50 MIR. If it was me, and space really wasn't a concern, I would go with the WD and save $100.
        Yeah, I think I'll get it after all. I mainly need an external hard drive for backup/reformatting purposes, so, like I said, I don't need a whole lot of space on it.
        Forums

Comment

You can get a better deal than that IMO
          Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

Originally posted by tgillespie
            I've dealt with MIR's properly and I've always gotten them. If I didn't, I usually raised hell
            ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
            Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Dean C
              You can get a better deal than that IMO
              I'm sure I could, but that's really all the space I'd ever need. If I ever do need more, I'll just get an internal one.
              Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Quillz
                I'm sure I could, but that's really all the space I'd ever need. If I ever do need more, I'll just get an internal one.
                Horrible deal. There are much better deals in the range of, say, 250 GB.
                --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
                Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
                vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

I don't want to spend that much money, though. I think $100 is a good price point for me. Unless someone can find something more than 120 gigs for the same price.
                  Forums

Comment

Gimme some time and I can find a pretty good deal for you in the LA Area Quillz

You living in the region helps as I know the best places to find bargins

Comment

Thanks. I'm not in downtown, though. I'm in the western San Fernando Valley. Near Route 27/Topanga Canyon Blvd. if you know where that is.
                      Forums

Comment

Woodland Hills, correct? You should be minutes away from Burbank

Comment

Yeah, I live in Woodland Hills. I saw the hard drive at the Target at the Fallbrook Mall. (If you know where that is.) Burbank isn't that far away, but I dunno if I'd actually want to drive that far. What's the deal?
                          Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Quillz
                            I don't want to spend that much money, though. I think $100 is a good price point for me. Unless someone can find something more than 120 gigs for the same price.
                            Yeah, my link was for 250 GB for $99...
                            --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
                            Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
                            vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Oh, I thought it said it was for $189...

If it's also by Western Digital, why would they have the MSRP of a 120-gig for $99?
                              Forums

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X