$ Question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $ Question...

I want to use VBulletin on my website, kylecool.com , but I don't have the money. I want to make it commercial, and my new site design miught refelct that. The new design will be dometime next month. Is there ANYWAY to get vbulltein for free if i leave a lot of links on it to this website? Any way, im only 14..

-Kyle

Nice try but I don't think you're going to talk anyone into giving you a free vB. I tried the same thing with my local Lexus dealer but he had absolutely no sympathy with the fact that I couldn't afford to buy one!

You should really consider some of the free bulletin boards that are available. I hear a lot of good things about Ikonboard.

Good luck!
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Well.

I have phpbb, but i liek this one. i really want it. Even if i advertise vbulletin?
      Kyle

Comment

Yeah I really wanted that Lexus too. It was much nicer than my Geo Tracker!
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Been 6 months. Still want it. LOL

-Kyle

Comment

Piggy bank?

Comment

jeez Kyle I see you everwhere. On HR's boards, on WHT, etc.

Really can you give me a good reason why anyone here would give you something they paid either $80 or $160 to you for free? I've seen you use the "im only 14" excuse before. Its not gonna work here buddy. I mean come on. I sure want a ferrari, and I will gladly tattoo the company emblem on my ass if it'll get me a free ride by advertising it, but thats not gonna happen, so its either pay up, or use the number of free boards out there.
              forums: pcfx.cc
              gallery: here

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. X
                jeez Kyle I see you everwhere. On HR's boards, on WHT, etc.

Really can you give me a good reason why anyone here would give you something they paid either $80 or $160 to you for free? I've seen you use the "im only 14" excuse before. Its not gonna work here buddy. I mean come on. I sure want a ferrari, and I will gladly tattoo the company emblem on my ass if it'll get me a free ride by advertising it, but thats not gonna happen, so its either pay up, or use the number of free boards out there.
                Dude, I was JUST KIDDING!! However, I am a frequent browser and poster pretty much everywhere, LOL!! It's kinda cool that everyone know me. I don't really want Vbulletin anyway, just was bored. LOL

-Kyle

Comment

I checked out your site, and it said you can do professional installations of software, including vBulletin. If you dont have vB, how can you claim that?
                  forums: pcfx.cc
                  gallery: here

Comment

I know php and mysql, i can install scripts and since all the Vbulletin people did it, I can. Also, I work for a webhosting company and I have run the install script for them once they uploaded the files and I setup their MySql information for them.
                    To be honest, I think I will stay with OpenBB and not buy vbulletin for myself until it becomes profitable where I make more money on my website where I can afford it.

-Kyle

Comment

You work for a webhosting company at 14?? You cant afford to dish out 80.00 to run VB?? Hmmm you are utterly confusing

Comment

working for a webhost at 14? if i owned a webhost i wouldnt trust anyone under 16 to even touch my servers or anything. and probably not even then i mean im not that old myself but i mean come on i wanted vbulletin so i dished out the 94$ (i was taxed for living in WA ) and i love vbulletin, even if my bulletin board isnt up right now. lol. Anyway i'd advertise for that BMW M3 if they would give me one for free .

Comment

and if youre "working" for a webhost you should be able to save for vbulletin in a few short weeks .

Comment

Originally posted by Goldfinger
                            working for a webhost at 14? if i owned a webhost i wouldnt trust anyone under 16 to even touch my servers or anything. and probably not even then i mean im not that old myself but i mean come on i wanted vbulletin so i dished out the 94$ (i was taxed for living in WA ) and i love vbulletin, even if my bulletin board isnt up right now. lol. Anyway i'd advertise for that BMW M3 if they would give me one for free .
                            age prejudice !

just because someone is younger doesnt mean they do not have the talent to complete the job!

Usually the opposite because they more free time etc
                            Email: [email protected]
                            Site: Under Construction

Comment

Sure a lot of younger kids know A LOT about computers- but working for a company at 14?! Go be a kid for pete's sake- you will have plenty of time to work when you are older. What ever happen to states having age restriction limits on when you can work- shouldnt it be when you can at least drive a car to get there

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X