Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

about vBulletin

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • about vBulletin

    I'm a 14 yrs old boy. I just wondering that can vBulletin lower their price so that more people can use their service.

    I really can't affort their price... so sad.

  • #2
    Originally posted by monky91
    I'm a 14 yrs old boy. I just wondering that can vBulletin lower their price so that more people can use their service.

    I really can't affort their price... so sad.
    vBulletin is $160 (or $85 leased), and nothing anyone says will change that unfortunately.

    You can order a license here: www.vbulletin.com/order
    "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

    Comment


    • #3
      If you think vB is expensive... you should check out some other forum products.... then you'll realize that vB is actually fairly cheap for what it offers.

      MGM out

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Creepshow
        vBulletin is $160 (or $85 leased), and nothing anyone says will change that unfortunately.

        You can order a license here: www.vbulletin.com/order
        Actually, if the higher-ups in Jelsoft say something, it would change.

        Or, if Floris somehow manages to convince them to do so.
        Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Onimua
          Actually, if the higher-ups in Jelsoft say something, it would change.

          Or, if Floris somehow manages to convince them to do so.
          lol point taken
          "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

          Comment


          • #6
            At 14, you can either get a job (with a work permit) or get an allowance. If you get a job, it'd likely take two paychecks to make $160.
            Forums

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Onimua
              Actually, if the higher-ups in Jelsoft say something, it would change.

              Or, if Floris somehow manages to convince them to do so.
              We have no plans to give free licenses, discounts or make it cheaper or more expansive. But if it was up to me, the price would be $249 per license for consumers. But that's just me

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Floris
                We have no plans to give free licenses, discounts or make it cheaper or more expansive. But if it was up to me, the price would be $249 per license for consumers. But that's just me
                In my opinion, I'd find that to be too expensive. I think $160 is a very good price. It's expensive enough for Jelsoft to make a good profit, but it's also cheap enough to attract the mainstream, and not just web administrators.
                Forums

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Quillz
                  In my opinion, I'd find that to be too expensive. I think $160 is a very good price. It's expensive enough for Jelsoft to make a good profit, but it's also cheap enough to attract the mainstream, and not just web administrators.
                  No disrespect intended, but (although it's likely they do) it's impossible for you to tell if Jelsoft makes a "good" profit off the sale of a license. Their profit margins are likely confidential. They have a lot of bills to pay like hosting (TBs per month of bandwidth), salaries, and contractors like the antipiracy firm Jelsoft uses.
                  --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
                  Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
                  vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by filburt1
                    No disrespect intended, but (although it's likely they do) it's impossible for you to tell if Jelsoft makes a "good" profit off the sale of a license.
                    And let's not forget about their winter resort in Tahiti.
                    Photo courtesy of Tahiti Tourisme
                    Attached Files
                    ...steven
                    www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
                    bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
                    "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      after the initial payment to buy your license everything else is virtually free so with this in mind you can have one of the best sites on the web for as low as $85 i would class that as cheap enough.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I have paid $500+ for scripts before and vbulletin would be worth $270 imo.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Running a forum is a hobby, and like other hobbies, you will have to pay for it. At 14, you can have a forum using any of the free alternatives. Why do you want vBulletin when you don't want to pay for the price? It's about 3 video games, or 1/2 the price of an XBox 360, or about the price of a PSP. I wonder if kids actually email Microsoft and Sony for them to lower the price of their products? As far as vB attracting more people I think it's a lot more effective by adding more innovative features, than cheapen the software by lowering the price.
                          So Cal Sportbike forum - So Cal Moto - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum - Custom vinyl decals - Southern California camping forum

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I was 14 when I bought my owned license.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Vtec44
                              I wonder if kids actually email Microsoft and Sony for them to lower the price of their products?
                              That's a very good point, Vtec. And the price comparison for games and stuff. How can anyone argue with that?
                              ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X