Cambridge UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cambridge UK

Member of mine works as a radio DJ for BBC .. recently did a TV piece on the watchdog program on Phishing.

He's now looking to do a Piece on Wi-fi and is looking for someone in the Cambridge area to have a chat with and bounce some ideas.
    Not looking for a tech geek .. "preferably an ordinary Joe not an
    IT expert!"

Anyone interested, please PM me with email address & I'll arrange a contact.

Thanks

Completely off-topic, but would he be interested in covering a wi-fi story in the Birmingham area. I'm a student at Aston University and the university does not offer internet access to students on campus, but openly advertise for a third-party provider. The thing is, over half the university have paid for the service and I have yet to speek to anyone who is getting a satisfactory service. I myself, paid £130 for a years 512k, and the only time I can even get an IP address is 3am-5am in the morning. The company come on to campus every wednesday and basically do nothing for us. They say they will send an engineer to fix the problem, but don't. I've filled in a support-form 3 times and seen an engineer once, who didn't do anything whatsoever to remedy the problem.

It really is a terrible service, and i'd be more than willing to go into a lot more detail if your friend is interested.

It's ironic that I was planning to start up a movement within the university and contact watchdog about this company. I would be most grateful if your friend could help us.

Regards,
    - Dean
    Last edited by Dean C; Sun 11 Dec '05, 7:07am.
    Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

I've forwarded your message Dean .. I'll let you know the outcome.

Comment

Why Cambridge specifically, I might ask? But I live there (here).
        HFT Online - Professional computer help ... with a personal touch

Comment

Originally posted by TTG
          I've forwarded your message Dean .. I'll let you know the outcome.
          Thanks - any help would be welcome !
          Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

John P lives in Cambridge...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X