Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• filburt1
    replied
    Been rewriting entire templates, too. Keeping the PHP files intact, though, as always.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Originally posted by Creepshow
    Simplicity is often the key!

This is why I prefer vBulletin version 2.0.x to 3.0.x / 3.5.x

So I'm not a huge fan a AJAX either...
    *cough*
    Disable ajax
    Disable all the "bells and whistles".

Filburt did it, and he gained all the new backend functionaility

Leave a comment:

• Creepshow
    replied
    Simplicity is often the key!

This is why I prefer vBulletin version 2.0.x to 3.0.x / 3.5.x

So I'm not a huge fan a AJAX either...

Leave a comment:

• Quillz
    replied
    Originally posted by cbiweb
    While reading this thread, I saw a few posts that are negative toward AJAX - from simple dislike to flat out hating it. I'm not trying to start a debate war here, but I'm curious about why some people don't like AJAX. Personally, I love it, and have had no problems with it. So for those who don't like it... why not?
    As filburt1 said, some people don't like it because it can be unpredictable in some browsers.

Leave a comment:

• filburt1
    replied
    I don't like it because it relies entirely on Javascript, which not everybody has enabled (by choice, quite often) and has wildly different implementations for each browser. Also, for those used to using the web, they expect that interacting with a component on a web page navigates to a new page and could be confused when seemingly nothing changes.

In principal, it's good, but with the reality of browsing and web users, I don't like it.

Leave a comment:

• MGM
    replied
    Apparently because it makes bookmarks and the Back button useless... but I'm almost certain this can be fixed with some form of url manipulation....

MGM out

Leave a comment:

• Zonex
    replied
    Perhaps they don't like how it creates less work.

Leave a comment:

• cbiweb
    started a topic AJAX pros and cons.

AJAX pros and cons.

While reading this thread, I saw a few posts that are negative toward AJAX - from simple dislike to flat out hating it. I'm not trying to start a debate war here, but I'm curious about why some people don't like AJAX. Personally, I love it, and have had no problems with it. So for those who don't like it... why not?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X