This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long will bulletin be alive?

When do u predict bulletin will die and wont be available and wont work anymore? Somebody said 5 years but i think more...what do u think?!

Thats like asking Microsoft, or the donut shop down the road "When do you plan to close shop?"

No one can give you a realistic anwser.

A fire could burn the shop down tomorrow.

Comment

OK maybe this question would be better...Whats the longest YOU would go on with vbulletin before closing it down?

Comment

Originally posted by Vladi_187
        OK maybe this question would be better...Whats the longest YOU would go on with vbulletin before closing it down?
        I'm sure vBulletin will be around for as long as it's profitable.
        Forums

Comment

How long is that would u predict?

Comment

Well, that prediction would need a load of market research. My belief is as long as people use the internet there will be forums. As long as there are forums, there will be forum software. As long as there is the need for forum software and the VB team stays innovative as they have always been Vbulletin will live .

Comment

Simply Put

Who in the world would create a company & predict it's end?

I mean I am sure ole Ronald McDonald plans to sell burgers forever.

Steve is the McDonal's of the forum empire. (Bill winks at Steve, lol)

Comment

vBulletin will probably be around for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Creepshow
                  Okay, that was kind of uncalled for.
                  Not when you look at how many posts this dude is generating.

On many forums, asking "when is this website going to die?" is grounds for a timeout for spreading F.U.D. (Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt -- unsubstantiated fear/concern/b.s. about a company).

Comment

Jelsoft really should make a jokes forum for threads like these.

Comment

Originally posted by Vladi_187
                      When do u predict bulletin will die and wont be available and wont work anymore? Somebody said 5 years but i think more...what do u think?!
                      The company just celebrated its 5 year anniversary and we're just starting, there are no plans to slow down or cut down, or even close. Nobody has to worry.

As you're a customer now, thread moved to chit chat forum.

Comment

Hopefully the company wont tire of making this wonderfull product!!!!

Most sites im on are running this software (and i love it more than anything else)

Comment

IMO, Jelsoft and vBulletin will be around for as long as Jelsoft can continue to work on it. If Jelsoft takes the time to take up new technologies and keep vB updated, then it won't die. MySQL and PHP could both "die" tomorrow which could spell the end of vBulletin. But if Jelsoft takes the time to adapt vBulletin to other technologies then vBulletin can never really die...

MGM out

Comment

Please keep the thread on track and do not attack the original poster. If we thought the thread was pointless or spam, it wouldn't be here.
                            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

If PHP were to die then that would mean it would have been supplanted by a better technology. I'm sure we would have been working on converting vBulletin to the newer technology for awhile at that point.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X