why when i click?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why when i click?

why is it that when ever i click on a link on a vbulletin forum i get a popup?

any body else noticed that?

I have scanned my system for adware and virus and it comes up clean.
    Arcade.gs Game Site!

It's on your end somewhere.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      It's on your end somewhere.
      What he said

Comment

Nothing here, spend a good deal of time here .

Would surely be something on your end. Try downloading AdAware and scanning your computer for spy-ware applications. Also, check for various tool-bar applications.

Comment

Originally posted by KingSpade
          Nothing here, spend a good deal of time here .

Would surely be something on your end. Try downloading AdAware and scanning your computer for spy-ware applications. Also, check for various tool-bar applications.
          I have scanned it with adaware and with spybot and it comes up clean.

It only does it when I click on some vbulletin board message boards. That it does that.
          Arcade.gs Game Site!

Comment

Try using the Microsoft Antispyware for one and two, does it happen on this vBulletin forum? or just Some?
            ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
            Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

What type of popup?

Chris
              "Anyone who conducts an argument by appealing to Authority
              is not using his intelligence, he is just using his memory."
              ~~~
              Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
                Try using the Microsoft Antispyware for one and two, does it happen on this vBulletin forum? or just Some?
                It doesn't happened here.

Type of popups like regular popups and is only one. What i do remember is i see a window that says something about JAVA and something about Registry.
                Arcade.gs Game Site!

Comment

I don't get a problem with this, It must be something at your end like Stevo said .

Comment

Originally posted by xjuliox
                    Type of popups like regular popups and is only one. What i do remember is i see a window that says something about JAVA and something about Registry.
                    Older versions of vBulletin allowed admins to use an ActiveX control for color selection and that would have triggered a security popup but it isn't related to Java and would only occur on pages with the editor.
                    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

pop-ups

No pop-up at my end. Think I have had Google Toolbar for a year or so, looking at it the bar seems to have so far blocked over 3100 pop-ups.... none that I recall from VB.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                        Older versions of vBulletin allowed admins to use an ActiveX control for color selection and that would have triggered a security popup but it isn't related to Java and would only occur on pages with the editor.
                        Experienced a popup from cPanel.net's forum PM box the other day. It's similiar to the one used by AOL for it's webmail tracking (a descrete tiny 100x100 box that disappears in a moment afterwards).

Could well be some tracking scripting enclosed in an email (or a post) even here.

Chris
                        "Anyone who conducts an argument by appealing to Authority
                        is not using his intelligence, he is just using his memory."
                        ~~~
                        Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

When I click to see the post bit of this forum I get a popup.

http://www.skaidon.co.uk/vBulletin/index.php?styleid=4
                          Arcade.gs Game Site!

Comment

No pop-ups for me.
                            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I get a new window everytime I click on a link within a post, but that's expected.
                              So Cal Sportbike forum - So Cal Moto - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum - Custom vinyl decals - Southern California camping forum

Comment

Working...
                              X