No announcement yet.

Whooo.. my portfolio site is online!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to remove 80% of the pics, as most of what you're showing can be accomplished with CSS and good XHTML @ 1/4 the resources used.

Chris
    "Anyone who conducts an argument by appealing to Authority
    is not using his intelligence, he is just using his memory."
    ~~~
    Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisLM2001
      Need to remove 80% of the pics, as most of what you're showing can be accomplished with CSS and good XHTML @ 1/4 the resources used.

Chris
      Thanks chris, it will be done .
      Out to Change the world!

Comment

Originally posted by roosevelt
        Thanks chris, it will be done .
        Be careful though, don't change everything people tell you to.
        Remember, YOU need to be happy with the design too.
        "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

He was happy with a sliced site. And learned sliced sites aren't good for future clients, and his own wallet, nevermind web standards (nothing is worse than a web designer getting laughed at being a amateur who doesn't know that sliced sites went out 5 years ago).

So, yes, change is necessary here -- for $$, for easy of access, for showing he can do more than graphics. His future clients will need to know he can do more than whip out a banner (unless he specifies he's a graphic designer).

No one says he doesn't need to like his work, but he needs to change the dependence on slices. Only way to effectively know this is ask for a review/critique and be a good sport about it.

Chris
          ~~~
          Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Oh well sliced design aren't really bad, and still works once in a while . Anyways I fixed the website, and now it even validates and all the pages under it. I also optimized the images so it should load faster than before.

Site: http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...oseveltrp.com/
            CSS: http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/v...ooseveltrp.com
            Last edited by roosevelt; Thu 8th Dec '05, 3:08pm.
            Out to Change the world!

Comment

Just a quick little tip, I would try to edit your XHTML valid button so it looks more like your site, right now it doesn't really flow. I have the same problem on my site and was critiqued on it.

By the way, looks nice

Comment

Originally posted by roosevelt
                Oh well sliced design aren't really bad, and still works once in a while . Anyways I fixed the website, and now it even validates and all the pages under it. I also optimized the images so it should load faster than before.

Site: http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...oseveltrp.com/
                CSS: http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/v...ooseveltrp.com
                Still needs work.

W3C is very easy to validate. But it does little to explain what's wrong. As you can see above, there's 173 syntax warnings and even 1 error.

HTML-Tidy is much more thorough and will spot mistakes unlike most other validators -- and helps you make accessible pages as well.

Chris
                ~~~
                Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X