Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Just a mention how easy the plugin system makes upgrades... I have about 25 installed on my test system and an upgrade consists of disabling all plugins, uploading the new PHP files, running upgrade.php, then re-enabling the plugins one by one to see if they cause issues. If a particular plugin needs updating for the new version, I just disable it again and see if there is an update.

Plugins and Products literally take seconds to install and I don't have to muck about in template editors or php files nearly as much.

Leave a comment:

• Colin F
    replied
    The plugin system makes it a lot easier to upgrade, as you will hardly be modifying the files anymore. Plus you have the whole AJAX, Quick Moderation, Slave Server, ... stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Bailx
    started a topic quick and dirty... why use 3.5

quick and dirty... why use 3.5

I'm still running 3.0.6 i think, with some patched files for 3.0.7..... reason being i have a crapload of hacks installed....

and i'm just wondering if someone could give me a quick rundown of why i should move to 3.5 and if there were any benefits as far as installing hacks and during upgrades ... with hacks.... cuz i thought i read that somewhere ... but can't find anything on it now....

thanks ia
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X