quick and dirty... why use 3.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick and dirty... why use 3.5

I'm still running 3.0.6 i think, with some patched files for 3.0.7..... reason being i have a crapload of hacks installed....

and i'm just wondering if someone could give me a quick rundown of why i should move to 3.5 and if there were any benefits as far as installing hacks and during upgrades ... with hacks.... cuz i thought i read that somewhere ... but can't find anything on it now....

thanks ia

The plugin system makes it a lot easier to upgrade, as you will hardly be modifying the files anymore. Plus you have the whole AJAX, Quick Moderation, Slave Server, ... stuff.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Just a mention how easy the plugin system makes upgrades... I have about 25 installed on my test system and an upgrade consists of disabling all plugins, uploading the new PHP files, running upgrade.php, then re-enabling the plugins one by one to see if they cause issues. If a particular plugin needs updating for the new version, I just disable it again and see if there is an update.

Plugins and Products literally take seconds to install and I don't have to muck about in template editors or php files nearly as much.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X