Automatic mp3 Artist Information Lookup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automatic mp3 Artist Information Lookup

uploaded all my music to my computer via Sonic Stage (Sony). Well I want to switch to an iPod. All of my files were in .oma form (ATRAC 3 plus). According to sony .oma is a one way street. After scowering for many hours I finally found a program on like page 30 of google written by an individual to export the .oma tracks to mp3. Only problem is I lose my ID3 tags. Now all of my music is like

Track 1 (2).mp3
    Track 2 (6).mp3

Is there any auto tagging software out there sophisticated enough to handle this or at least part way? If one has like a 50% chance of getting it right that would be fine as I could fix as I went along but I have roughly 1200 songs I need to tag and doing it manually is suck. I need track name at a minimum. Track name, artist, and album would be cool. Preferably free, but a paid program is fine too.

Note, I don't even know if this is possible so since all tag information is stripped.

Yes, there are a few good ones out there..

A good free one is:
    http://musicbrainz.org/tagger/download.html

You will need to create an account on their site, and input it in the software.

Another good program for this is Tag&Rename
    http://www.softpointer.com/tr.htm
    Webmaster / Administrator
    www.MegaGames.com
    www.MGForums.com

Comment

Thanks. Using it now. Missed quite a few but got 68 so far in jsut a couple of minutes. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by TruthElixirX
        Thanks. Using it now. Missed quite a few but got 68 so far in jsut a couple of minutes. Thanks!
        If it misses them, let it re-scan..It will come up with the best match, and let you manually select what it is. Just select the appropriate one, and manually tag it.
        www.MegaGames.com
        www.MGForums.com

Comment

Cool, thanks for the help. Saved me hours of work.

Comment

No problem
            www.MegaGames.com
            www.MGForums.com

Comment

Seems like a cool program. It does't identify genres?

Comment

I'm not sure. Let me loo kreal quick.

*Checks*
                Nope, doesn't appear to.

Comment

Working...
                X