Dell LCD Monitors - Most Favorable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dell LCD Monitors - Most Favorable?

I am looking to start slimming down my desktop as I have 2 17" CRT monitors that are taking up more room than I'd like so I'd like to go ahead and purchase at least 1 if not 2 LCD monitors.

My question is, of the ones on the Dell website currently, which would you prefer or do you currently use (for those using them)?

An early Christmas present for myself .

I have a 2001FP which is quite nice; the only problem is a stuck pixel that I virtually never see (you need a black screen and a dark room). My friend has one of the popular 2405FPW and likes it.

Just remember to find several coupon codes before ordering. If you order just before the end of a financial quarter, you will find better deals; a 17" DVI LCD was regularly $200 after coupon codes. My 2001FP was $464, down from $749.
    --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
    Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
    vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Originally posted by KingSpade
      I am looking to start slimming down my desktop as I have 2 17" CRT monitors that are taking up more room than I'd like so I'd like to go ahead and purchase at least 1 if not 2 LCD monitors.

My question is, of the ones on the Dell website currently, which would you prefer or do you currently use (for those using them)?

An early Christmas present for myself .
      Check out newegg.com to see if you can't get a good deal on a nice LCD montior during this time

Comment

Kier, Mike and I use Dell monitors.

I have 2 x 2001FP
        Kier and Mike both have 2 x 2001FP and 1 x 2405FPW (I think)
        Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by BrentWilson
          Check out newegg.com to see if you can't get a good deal on a nice LCD montior during this time
          Dell's monitors are not much more than the bargain basement no name monitors on Newegg.com.. Maybe 20-30 dollars more for a name brand.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Add me to that list scott.

I've got a 17in one (think its a 1704FPT)

Comment

Yup, he stole my idea.

Comment

The panels used in the Dell displays are the same as those used in Apple's displays. I woudln't say they're the same as the bargin basement ones by a long shot.
                Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
                  Add me to that list scott.

I've got a 17in one (think its a 1704FPT)
                  And me

<--- 2001FP & 2005FPW
                  Webmaster / Administrator
                  www.MegaGames.com
                  www.MGForums.com

Comment

It's late, so perhaps I'm just looking over something, but what are the key differences between the 2001FP 20.1" and the 2005FP 20.1" (besides a $100 price difference).

I'll probably be ordering monday, so I thought I'd ask those that already have a few .

Comment

Originally posted by KingSpade
                      It's late, so perhaps I'm just looking over something, but what are the key differences between the 2001FP 20.1" and the 2005FP 20.1" (besides a $100 price difference).

I'll probably be ordering monday, so I thought I'd ask those that already have a few .
                      The 2005FPW is widescreen

Also, 2005FPW = 12ms response time, 2001FP = 16ms
                      Webmaster / Administrator
                      www.MegaGames.com
                      www.MGForums.com

Comment

I must say Dell makes some great monitors, I have 2 2100FP's and 1 2405FPW. I do alot of work in photoshop and also game and they work great.

My Home Office
                        eqinterface.com | eq2interface.com | wowinterface.com
                        vginterface.com | goBerserker.com
                        7 Full vBulletin Lic.

Comment

I am also a happy 2005FPW owner. My main reason for upgrading was for DVD viewing purposes.
                          Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
                            Kier, Mike and I use Dell monitors.

I have 2 x 2001FP
                            I guess that means they have at least three DVI heads, given how horrible the 2001FP looks connected to VGA.
                            --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
                            Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
                            vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

2405FPW for the win

Compare Dells 20" Wide to Apples. The LCD screen itself is made by the same manufacturer, but the dell also has: powered USB hub, 3 additional inputs, picture in picture, side by side...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X