Ok so I missed my JOB interview today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok so I missed my JOB interview today

I dont know where to ****** start, to cut things straight, I went to my current job today, and started my shift with the building dought that my interview was today and not tommorrow so OK then, I dash home after work its 6 oclock, run In my room check the letter and find out the job was interview was TODAY at 10oclock in the morning, I tried ringing the line but its closed untill monday, WHAT the f**k do I say? What do I do? I need this job, any employer or anyones advice will be helpfull

Not to be a pessimist, but the chances they'll hire you now are extremely low.

There's not really anything you can do besides call them and explain the situation, but as stated above, they probably won't hire you now. However, that also depends if it's a very formal and official environment or a relaxed and easy-going envrionment.

Comment

I suggest calling Monday Morning and rescheduling. Chances are someone there forgot if you forgot.
      ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
      Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

First, thing is to calm down, as you can't think if upset. Almost everyone has been late or missed a interview (it just happens).

Second, is to look over your options. Is this position much needed? Are you the only person who can do the job? Do you know the boss? Or at least someone in management?

Third, market yourself. If you REALLY want this job you'll be on the phone even now (busy signal or not -- let them have a phone record of your intent). If you get a answering service, leave a very polished request to be reinterviewed (no f**k, no pleading, no sheepish junk, be low key and natural and don't lie, just tell them you had a scheduling mistake <-- accept responsibility graciously).

It's important to show them even if you miss an appointment, HOW YOU WILL HANDLE IT. As you will have to make and break appointments for a job. How skillful you are at it shows your value to the company, as well.

The chances are slim they'll reconsider, but if you show spunk, and you are motivated to REALLY want to work there, you'll be at the company door BEFORE it opens for business so they can reconsider Monday morning. Sometimes your ingeniuity will offset a scheduling overlook.

Lastly, learn to know how to pick yourself up when you're tripped. It's so critical in not staying down. Do a self pep talk and be ready Monday morning for a possible reconsideration -- you have nothing to lose, but everything to gain if you try

Chris
        "Anyone who conducts an argument by appealing to Authority
        is not using his intelligence, he is just using his memory."
        ~~~
        Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Thanks Chris great advice, but well, im still on edge ive tried ringing ALL o2 lines and they said the only way you can get through is buy ringing on monday, but I thought well...

"Im really sorry but my mum(or family member) was rushed to hospital and I completly forget about the interview, I had no time to remember, I can bring any medical record for proof (hope for the best that they dont say to bring in the non existant evidence) could I please have another date or time for the interview I cannot explain how sorry I am..."

Comment

Just tell them the truth. Because if they ask for the doctors excuse and all, it's more of a mess -- one straight from a sitcom. Stuff snowballs and then it's hard to keep the lie together, and the employer will know you'd be lying.

Just shoot it straight and be yourself. Acting for a job winds up being a disaster, as one day the real you is going to show.

Chris
            ~~~
            Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Originally posted by Khaleel
              I dont know where to ****** start, to cut things straight, I went to my current job today, and started my shift with the building dought that my interview was today and not tommorrow so OK then, I dash home after work its 6 oclock, run In my room check the letter and find out the job was interview was TODAY at 10oclock in the morning, I tried ringing the line but its closed untill monday, WHAT the f**k do I say? What do I do? I need this job, any employer or anyones advice will be helpfull
              Best thing to do it first make your apologies for not turning up for the interview and tell them the truth that you made a honest mistake. Don't lie making up other excuses. Just tell them the true and tell them you are still interested in the job, sometimes this can work in your favor, as they like people who chase jobs up showing a keen interest,. All be it not in the situation your doing it for.

But don't lie - nobody want to hire and a liar

Best advice be honest and tell them your still really keen, and keep your fingers crossed.

Comment

Ok I rang them, just now.
                "Hi, would it possible if I could speak to Alaise Johnson?"
                "Shes not here at the moment (that means I got the receptionist, very incompetent)
                "I missed my job interview appointment on Saturday, when I woke up I completely had forgotten that I had a job interview, I just walked to work normally, I cant begin to tell you how sorry I am, I honestly did completely forget, it was very incompetent of me"
                "Can I ask your surname? and your date of birth? and now your telephone number?" Ok well see if someone can ring you back to reschedule, thank you" that was it. I don't think they are!

Comment

Honestly, I'd call back again. My guess is the receptionist was being polite, taking down the info, and she's gonna throw the paper away now.
                  ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                  Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Thanks Chris great advice, but well, im still on edge ive tried ringing ALL o2 lines and they said the only way you can get through is buy ringing on monday, but I thought well...

"Im really sorry but my mum(or family member) was rushed to hospital and I completly forget about the interview, I had no time to remember, I can bring any medical record for proof (hope for the best that they dont say to bring in the non existant evidence) could I please have another date or time for the interview I cannot explain how sorry I am..."

Whatever you do don't ever say this to anyone. Forget this excuse completly and wipe it out of your memory. It never works and the only thing it shows is imaturity and teenage level excuses.
                    - MrLister

Comment

Ok I rang them, just now.
                      "Hi, would it possible if I could speak to Alaise Johnson?"
                      "Shes not here at the moment (that means I got the receptionist, very incompetent)
                      "I missed my job interview appointment on Saturday, when I woke up I completely had forgotten that I had a job interview, I just walked to work normally, I cant begin to tell you how sorry I am, I honestly did completely forget, it was very incompetent of me"
                      "Can I ask your surname? and your date of birth? and now your telephone number?" Ok well see if someone can ring you back to reschedule, thank you" that was it. I don't think they are!
                      If that was the excuse, might as well look for another job. It's presentation just wouldn't draw attention to your net worth, it just comes off like a zillion other sheepish excuses employers get.

Furthermore, it wasn't even needed! Receptionists don't need that info, and by telling it, can bar you further access. When talking to receptionists give as few details as possible, just enough to get past the gate. The details goes to your interviewer.

Chris
                      ~~~
                      Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Most employers respect honesty, unless you are in sales.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X