X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vtec44
    What was the function?
    Variable names (which names can be changed -- I at least know THAT much about programming). That's not about functions, it's how he named the variables.

It's like putting "tborder" in your own web page. Sure you can change it to "bordert", but why when it's not a copyrighted word?

Chris
    "Anyone who conducts an argument by appealing to Authority
    is not using his intelligence, he is just using his memory."
    ~~~
    Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      Personally, I won't be using any vBAdvanced products on my website. Not sure where the inspiration came for from them. I also won't be using any Photopost products on my website. In the first case, there is a lack of trust now that I can't have influence my site. In the second case, there is a plain lack of common courtesy for the new customers. It took them 48 hours to post an announcement on their forums. That is the first thing that should have been done.

I am currently looking for solutions to completely retool my site as soon as possible.
      i know a very good solution;

make your own photo gallery and sell it to us
      Support Disaster Relief in Haiti

Comment

Originally posted by Kusadasi-Guy

He can't - photoposts will sue him

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Bolton
          He can't - photoposts will sue him
          Well, he does currently own one of their products, so he could be influenced by their code.
          vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

Yeah, I own a vB and I'm really going to be so influenced to lift pages of code for a website (frankly, why would I because I wouldn't know what it was for in the first place!)....lololol

Scott (the vB Scott, not the other one), do you give tutorials??!!

Chris
            ~~~
            Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

thanks for all the info in this thread, very intresting read
              http://www.weirdpixels.com/images/buttons/button.gif

Comment

I am very concerned about having been influenced by and how far it can go.

This was an interesting 15 minute read though.

Comment

Originally posted by Kusadasi-Guy

I completely agree, take away this type of strong arm tactic and code in your own version into the board, it would be a great feature. Frankly, IMO Brian was totally snaked in this deal from all I have read so far. Just because he's not fighting it doesn't mean he is in the wrong, the right attorney can make it very difficult, costly and lengthy to fight this sort of battle in court. Especially if the one who is suing has done it before and knows how to push it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                    Personally, I won't be using any vBAdvanced products on my website. Not sure where the inspiration came for from them. I also won't be using any Photopost products on my website. In the first case, there is a lack of trust now that I can't have influence my site. In the second case, there is a plain lack of common courtesy for the new customers. It took them 48 hours to post an announcement on their forums. That is the first thing that should have been done.

I am currently looking for solutions to completely retool my site as soon as possible.
                    For those of you looking for a solution try out subdreamer. It doesn't have a vB skin integratino to begin with but there is this: http://www.subdreamer.org/sd_skins/p...2/p13_fileid/7

Makes your subdreamer look exactly like your vBulletin.

Then subdreamer comes with a gallery. There are also other free galleries for it.

http://www.subdreamer.org/sd_plugins.../p13_fileid/36

And yes I know you've said you won't use subdreamer wayne. (I think ti was you...maybe another staff member.). But looks like this might be the only option for a gallery and some what of a CMPS if you refuse to use vBA products.

Comment

• I own a copy of Subdreamer.. Doesn't suit my purposes for the site in question.

I can make a simple portal page (all vBAdvanced CMPS is) from addons and plugins at vBulletin.org and find a gallery to integrate.
                      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
                      vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
                      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                      I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

• Ah, I was waiting for this for some time and I do hope that it happens within 3 to 6 months. I like the purchase feature and the many varieties of players you have with this product. I have been looking forward for this since july.05.

www.telekorn.com
                        From Telekorn
                        Hallo Nick,

well yes at the moment photokorn does not support any user integration,
                        but it is in planning and we hope that it will support forums and users
                        databases like vbulletin, invision and phpbb. but it will be a while yet
                        before such a version will be available.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrentWilson
                          Are you talking to me?

Like I said I did not go into my site without checking out issues that may arise.

I see sites like stangnet, allfordmustangs and relaize that they are not going anywhere and not going to be taken down by Ford. Simple as that.

You do something like Brian admitted to doing and you risk it all.
                          Possibly, but about a year ago, HarleyDavidsonForums.com was forced to rename to v-twinforums.com after pressure was applied by the Harley Davidson Motor Company. So I would say it could be done.

Comment

• Don't know the real scoop about Delphi.com (the forum community), but they sold the name to Delphi the automotive company. Now they're Delphiforums.com

When a large company presses, you can settle for a sum or go into court. If you had the site before they became big, it's not much of an issue. But if you bought it after that company's existence, it can be claimed it's cybersquatting <-- and companies detest it.

Chris
                            ~~~
                            Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• so didn't anyone listen? - you may or may not have seen it but there was a post on vbulletin about this some months back about the vbag code being remarkably similar to pp code...then we have the backlash, another rumour that pp code was copyied from vbulletins...(in the light of this some vba accolite covering thier tracks and posting anti-properganda!) anyways, it's done, it's sorted, we know thr truth now i suppose.

For those of you who love vbag, great...(i feel i should tell you all about the jesus christ myth also now) but anyways, photopost is the best gallery soft, always has been IMO, i see they have busted a gut to give you vbagers room to rant and have also set you up just as before...so no worries really, just clears the way for PP to advance into something better really, prefecting the softwares etc...there are some free gallery mods at vb.org and of course coppermine (which ive written some mods and skins for..same as photopost) so you have a choice...

anyways, told ya told ya...ner nerrr na nerrr nerrr (sorry just had to do it...) sorry!

-M

Comment

• As has been noted, it proves nothing. You're getting into speculation again, which isn't allowed.
                                vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

Working...
                                X