Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we need to understand that if Brian even won, he'd get nothing. He'd have to counter-sue to force Photopost to pay for his bills.

The tactic that Photopost used was a basic "throw everything on the wall and hope something sticks" approach and it has three simple purposes. The first purpose, which clearly succeeded, was simply to overwhelm the defendent. The second purpose is to instill fear. Last, is just make up whatever and hope that something will stick and hope that the courts will view favorably upon on one of the claims.
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by BrentWilson
      Your fighting a losing battle with these guys. They are set in the way. They have the mentality that the big guy is always holding everyone down and the little guy can do no wrong.

Good luck!
      I have been hitting the gym much harder lately; thanks for noticing.

Comment

Originally posted by Vtec44
        Some of you don't live in Los Angeles, the same people that let OJ Simpson and Michael Jackson go free!

The US justice system always stated that innocent until proven guilty in the court of law. No one as been proven guilty yet, they settled out of court.
        BTW, this case was in NorCal. Napa Valley is in the Bay Area, not in the Southern California area...
        ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
        Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by DanaSoft
          I have been hitting the gym much harder lately; thanks for noticing.
          Oh, def! Keep up the good work

Comment

Originally posted by conqsoft
            You have to have the money up front to fight it. Then, IF you win, you could counter-sue to recoup your costs.
            Unless you qualify for an anti-SLAPP suit, which will order the other party to pay all of the expenses and damages (works something like a countersuit).

Hard to get, but those with long histories of persuing lawsuits to cream competition just might get slapped with one. It's why MS has a full time legal staff! lol

Chris
            "Anyone who conducts an argument by appealing to Authority
            is not using his intelligence, he is just using his memory."
            ~~~
            Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Secondly, if I was innocent and some company came and threatened to sue me, then yes I would glady pursue it to the end and counter sue for lost income during the whole process.
              So do you have a reserve of a few hundred $k saved up for when Ford decides to sue for your domain name since it contains their trademark?
              vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
                BTW, this case was in NorCal. Napa Valley is in the Bay Area, not in the Southern California area...
                Ah, still doesn't change the fact that no one has been proven guilty.
                So Cal Sportbike forum - So Cal Moto - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum - Custom vinyl decals - Southern California camping forum

Comment

Originally posted by conqsoft
                  So do you have a reserve of a few hundred $k saved up for when Ford decides to sue for your domain name since it contains their trademark?
                  Nope because they would have to take on 100's of other websites including me at the same time.

If they want to do that... bring it!

Oh... and Mustang is not trademarked by Ford... Ford is My domain name does not include the word Ford as far as I am aware of.

Comment

Nope because they would have to take on 100's of other websites including me at the same time.

If they want to do that... bring it!

Oh... and Mustang is not trademarked by Ford... Ford is My domain name does not include the word Ford as far as I am aware of.
                    Naieve, you are.
                    So Cal Sportbike forum - So Cal Moto - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum - Custom vinyl decals - Southern California camping forum

Comment

Originally posted by DanaSoft
                      That would be me posting, not Scott. But for the sake of discussion, two incidents in five years is not a pattern.
                      I don't care who was posting, it's there for the public record.

That was in 2004, and a sly reference that Anunan was ripping PP off. Is this the same Brian faced?

Chris
                      "Anyone who conducts an argument by appealing to Authority
                      is not using his intelligence, he is just using his memory."
                      ~~~
                      Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

My site is viperalley.com - unlikely Dodge is going to sue me, but I would consider selling it to them....

Comment

Naieve, you are.
                          How so?

If they want to start suing websites that make them money and promote their product for free than I am all for it! Let's let them do just that.

Comment

How so?
                            Because that type of argument doesn't hold up in the court of law. Similiar situation regarding Windows.com 7+ years ago. You technically can't copyright a common word, and the domain doesn't contain "Microsoft" or "MS", but with enough lawyers Microsoft took over the domain.

Comment

Originally posted by Zonex
                              I don't know about you guys but if someone made false accusations against me and threatened to sue me, I would never settle. I would go to court and defend myself if needed. I mean they are false accusations right? Why settle if you can win without even paying for a lawyer.
                              Thats a nice thought in theory which we would all like to do. But when losing your house and the threat of bankruptcy could hang over your head to pay the cost, and you cannot foresee the future that you will win anyway. Nice thoughts like that tend to go out the window.

Comment

Because that type of argument doesn't hold up in the court of law. Similiar situation regarding Windows.com 7+ years ago. You technically can't copyright a common word, and the domain doesn't contain "Microsoft" or "MS", but with enough lawyers Microsoft took over the domain.
                                Hi,

Like I said if Ford wishes to sue people promoting their car and aftermarket then they can.

They can take down:

http://www.stangnet.com
                                http://www.allfordmustangs.com
                                http://www.corral.net
                                http://www.fordpower.net
                                http://www.mustangforums.com

All at the same time.

I am sure it would improve the sale of their product!

So call me what you like, I use common sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X