This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by conqsoft
    OJ had the money to go through an entire trial, and was found not guilty, in case you missed it. So, apparently, there was no proof.
    There was proof, just not beyond a reasonable doubt.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisLM2001
      What happens is a choice for folks to decide (which now no one knows is right or wrong, but a code check can confirm).
      People already have a choice. They don't need to compare the code. They can continue to use the product they purchased or they can look elsewhere for a similar solution. The marketplace isn't consolidated and there are other solutions. Personally, I am looking for another solution.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

• Actually, the market is very limited, and even MORE limited now. (And the PP staff know this, and almost seem to flaunt it in some cases.) But, alternatives will show up again...
        vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

• limited isn't the word - more like a choice of two (both owned by photopost now). Nothing else is even worth rolling out of bed for

Comment

• Originally posted by DataAve
            There was proof, just not beyond a reasonable doubt.
            The "proof" you read is nothing more a plaintiff's claim, and what they think happened.
            So Cal Sportbike forum - So Cal Moto - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum - Custom vinyl decals - Southern California camping forum

Comment

• Originally posted by Vtec44
              The "proof" you read is nothing more a plaintiff's claim, and what they think happened.
              He was referring to the (off-topic) OJ comment that was thrown in.
              vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

• Oh don't start with OJ people, we all know he was guilty as hell

Comment

• Oh that case, my statement still applied since OJ did go through the entire trial. The evidence were presented by the prosecutor and what they think happened.
                  So Cal Sportbike forum - So Cal Moto - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum - Custom vinyl decals - Southern California camping forum

Comment

Actually, the market is very limited, and even MORE limited now. (And the PP staff know this, and almost seem to flaunt it in some cases.) But, alternatives will show up again...
                    Yeah, and I hope quickly and not in the 22nd century....HINT, HINT!!

Chris
                    "Anyone who conducts an argument by appealing to Authority
                    is not using his intelligence, he is just using his memory."
                    ~~~
                    Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• This thread and the continuing debate is actually pathetic but like a flame to a fire...

YES you can win if you are unjustly targetted by a super rich company:

http://nissan.com This guy is doing just that. He is beating Nissan Automobiles.

Secondly, VB itself would defend its licenese in a heartbeat in a vicious and ruthless manner which is what I would expect as a paying customer. So you are saying that no one else should? Please...

I had the same big guy vs small guy issue when I started my site. I actually had my trademark contested by UPS! The trackpad (of which I refer to Trackpads.com) is a small rubber block on a tracked vehicle, namely tanks. The 'Trackpad' however is a the little brown electronic thingy that you sign on when the UPS guy comes to your house. I was able to work it out with them well before it evolved into lawyers of course but if you are right then you will win.

Brian, however, sold the Gallery to PP and that is all that can be said or will be said by the two people that actually know anything. Aside from the wild speculation from the 100+ wannabe lawyers we will never know what really would or could have happened. And do we really need to bring up OJ? I didnt see Brian call the race card on AEI.....

You can either continue to whine, move to some gallery of lesser features or just drive on and make a difference. Now is that time, you have already paid for it might as well give it a chance eh?
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                        People already have a choice. They don't need to compare the code. They can continue to use the product they purchased or they can look elsewhere for a similar solution. The marketplace isn't consolidated and there are other solutions. Personally, I am looking for another solution.
                        Some people do, and it's over something called: ethics (nevermind US Law).

Unfortunately, the marketplace is getting smaller and smaller. Be it online or offline. Which translates to less choices, and angrier customers.

Chris
                        ~~~
                        Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Actually, the market is very limited, and even MORE limited now. (And the PP staff know this, and almost seem to flaunt it in some cases.) But, alternatives will show up again...
                          Originally posted by trackpads
                          You can either continue to whine, move to some gallery of lesser features or just drive on and make a difference.
                          See what I mean?

Comment

• Originally posted by trackpads
                            You can either continue to whine, move to some gallery of lesser features
                            The USA was made possible because some colonists whined about taxes, ya know.

BTW, which gallery has lesser features?

Oops...Trackpad is supposely someone who is a PP employee. No wonder about the "lesser features" comment.

Chris
                            Last edited by ChrisLM2001; Thu 24th Nov '05, 8:03am.
                            ~~~
                            Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Originally posted by trackpads
                              I didnt see Brian call the race card on AEI.....
                              I wish he did!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisLM2001
                                The USA was made possible because some colonists whined about taxes, ya know.

BTW, which gallery has lesser features?

Oops...Trackpad is supposely someone who is a PP employee. No wonder about the "lesser features" comment.

Chris
                                Actually the USA was made possible by people who stood up and fought (with guns) for injustice. I am very familiar with the standing up and fighting part. As far as a company being sued for lifting code well, what part of ethics were you referring to? Taxes are just injust no matter how you cut it Just dont tell democrats (I Kid!!)

Pretty much everything except PP and VBaGallery (now PPVB Gallery) has lesser features, the only exception is the Imagefolio but it is a pricey ubber high end solution.

http://www.imagefolio.com/
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X